Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought these "as new" OEM RGS stretched bags for my RGU. I can't decide if they add anything to the looks of the bike. Do they detract? Make no difference? (of course hardware is not yet attached) Thanks for your opinions.

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
leave the stretched on, i think they make the bikes look better, obviously when its on the stand it takes away but upright it makes the lines better

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
i like the oem stretched bags a lot better than the standard bags, and the aftermarket full stretch. the oem bags just look 'tiny' after looking at the stretched bags, and the full stretched just look 'off' to me.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I personally love the look of the RGS bags.

They look better from the back when combined with the RGS fender and look better from the side when the bike is on the side stand and you are approaching from a distance.

Especially with the black pipes.

If your emphasis is showing off your chrome then maybe they aren't for you.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I personally love the look of the RGS bags.

They look better from the back when combined with the RGS fender and look better from the side when the bike is on the side stand and you are approaching from a distance.

Especially with the black pipes.

If your emphasis is showing off your chrome then maybe they aren't for you.
I don't want to get onto a never ending customizing "roll"... when I bought the bags I didn't take into account the longer fender on the RGS, and I am a "chrome guy".

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
I put the same style on my last two CVO RGUs I've had along with the rear fascia and tri bar light. It adds just enough to it to give it a nice look without going with what I call the "billboard" look of the full length stretched bags. Sorry guys that have the full length ones. Just not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Had them installed on the bike before I took it home. Like the way they look so much better than the stock ones. Come standard on the 2018 special. Not to sound like a dope, but can someone tell me how to post pics on this site?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I recently bought these "as new" OEM RGS stretched bags for my RGU. I can't decide if they add anything to the looks of the bike. Do they detract? Make no difference? (of course hardware is not yet attached) Thanks for your opinions.
First, yeah, I like the look of the stretched bags. Some of us prefer the Harley style to the over stretched after market. Second, take some more pics of that beautiful Riviera hiding in your garage.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have put stretched bags on the last 3 bikes-I like the full 4" for tool storage-however I put the tapered bags on my cvo,also a 5" fender ext-in my opinion for what it's worth the fender needs to be lower than bags.pretty simple to get an ext for the rgs and paint-automotive primer and paint in rattlecan-if you get some orangepeel wet sand with 1500 and buff

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I like the stretched bags. But I too want to see a pic of the Riveee in the background. One of my favorite rides right there. Nice bike too.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Had them installed on the bike before I took it home. Like the way they look so much better than the stock ones. Come standard on the 2018 special. Not to sound like a dope, but can someone tell me how to post pics on this site?
Click on photo in your album, or in this example, from my desktop, and just drag it to the white space below your reply where it says "Drag Files Here To Attach"
On mobile I'm not sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I added them to my RGS. I think they give it a sporty look. Honestly, on an Ultra, I don't think they do much, since it is more of a touring look with the King tour pak.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I added them to my RGS. I think they give it a sporty look. Honestly, on an Ultra, I don't think they do much, since it is more of a touring look with the King tour pak.
I agree with this guy. I don't dislike them on your bike, but I don't know if I would notice them on a stock ultra. If you were going 21" wheel, bigger bars and maybe lowered in the back, I would think they would complete the look nicely.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Dunno. Depending on the paint on the Ultra, they look pretty good.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts