Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I left this morning on our trip to Bend, OR. Follow along on my blog if you like.

My bike is working fine, I think, Except - as I was riding from the lobby to our room this evening, I heard a little squeak in the turns. It's nothing, I told myself. It has to be nothing because very few Harley dealers are open on Sundays. Keep your fingers crossed it's just because of the rain we went through today.

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Triplej - thank you very much. We appreciate that.

We're in McKinney, TX this evening. Had Texas barbecue at Hank's.

Stopped in Vicksburg to take pictures. Beautiful view of the river and flowering trees. That cannon is big!

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
Wishing you safe travels. I have spent a fair amount of time in the area myself. My inlaws live about 30 mi south in La Pine Or. If you get a chance a ride to Crater lake is a really nice ride. Have a great time & be safe !!:D

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was sunny and cool today. Great ride across cattle and oil country to the high plains. In Texas we made great time on "red" roads with 75 mph speed limits.

This evening we are in Hugoton, KS staying with Mr. and Mrs. Chainsaw. They are gracious hosts and we appreciate their hospitality.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,608 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
My wife and I left this morning on our trip to Bend, OR. Follow along on my blog if you like.

My bike is working fine, I think, Except - as I was riding from the lobby to our room this evening, I heard a little squeak in the turns. It's nothing, I told myself. It has to be nothing because very few Harley dealers are open on Sundays. Keep your fingers crossed it's just because of the rain we went through today.

I'm thinkin' that little squeak is nuthin', probably been doing it all along it just became apparent when you where riding your bike through the LOBBY!!!! Bike noises are much more prevalent when riding indoors! Geez Tim you're killin' our image right off the bat by getting crazy and riding your bike through the hotel on the first night. The Lexington just called and asked if you guys could stay ACROSS THE STREET! L:DL

Seriously, you guys ride safe, have fun and looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks. I'll be keeping up with you guys on your blog and riding vicariously through you :)

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quicksand - You haven't ridden until you've done Lobby Riding. The object is see how long you can ride around the lobby until the manager throws you out - sort of like bull riding.

We're in Durango, CO. Rode over the mountains from Antonito, CO to Chama, NM. Saw the Cubres and Toltec narrow gauge railroad.

Touring today - Million dollar Highway and Black Canyon of the Gunnison.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Tim, what day are you arriving in Oregon? I'll be near Bend on Saturday and heading east towards Baker City Sunday.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tim, what day are you arriving in Oregon? I'll be near Bend on Saturday and heading east towards Baker City Sunday.
We will arrive Monday evening. Thanks.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Today we rode the Million Dollar Highway - Durango, CO to Montrose, CO. The section from Silverton to Ouray is fantastic. If you haven't ridden this route, put it on your bucket list.

After getting to Montrose we went out to Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park.

The afternoon was hot - 97 degrees.

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Loneliest Road

Today we crossed eastern Utah and started our journey on "The Loneliest Road in America," US-50. We are staying in Ely at the Nevada Hotel, recommended by Hutmo. It was built in 1929 and has the old time hotel atmosphere.

We walked down the street for a few blocks and came across this marker. How many know what it signifies?

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yesterday we rode around Lake Tahoe. It's a beautiful place. On our way back to Reno we rode the Mt. Rose highway. Another road with lots of curves.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts