Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks here it is.

First meet and greet tentatively scheduled for Tues Aug 5 at 09:00 at a local landmark to be determined. Would be cool to do a ride to Mt Rushmore and Crazy horse for some photo ops with a murder of sharks. I know there is group heading from Sturgis to SW in Maine(New Hampshire).

Second meet and greet for those not able to make the first will be Thursday Aug 7 at 09:00. I know some folks will miss the first part of the week travelling to Sturgis so did not want to leave those folks out..

Chose mornings because that leaves the rest of the day for a ride and for folks to return to their lodging wherever it maybe within the 50 miles radius of Sturgis that people stay in.

I will be in the area arriving on the Sunday night August 3rd and leaving the following Friday or Saturday.

So lets hear some locations to meet up and who all's going to be there.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
We're going and Tuesday sounds good to me, Thursday we'll probably put it in the wind early headed east! We're planning on getting there Sunday night as well. We need to hook up one night too, I owe you a real drink :D:eek::D

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QS,

See you in Sturgis on Tuesday August 5. You've been there before, you pick the best spot for the meet and greet.

I should have Gaszo19 and Salsa Steve with me and possibly Dukk.

I know there are others that are goins to Sturgis for the week and then home and others that are passing thru Sturgis on their way to SW in New Hampshire as well. Hopefully they see this and show up.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'll be out there as well. QS and I have been in conversation about meeting up and maybe sharing some road on the way to SWIV. I'll be there Sunday night thru Thurs AM. Tuesday morning sounds good to me. This is my first adventure to Sturgis...so I'll defer to others thoughts on meeting place. Keep me in the loop, though. I'll subscribe to the thread.

Cheers,
G

·
Registered
376 Posts
After SWIII I did the Sturgis thing on my way to MN. Despite almost a year in advance planning I was so gouged for a place to stay I am disinclined to even get close to there again. Having said that it would sure be great fun to rendezvous with a bunch of sharks. The area is great. It would be fun to cruise Main with a bunch of Sharks.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'll be in Sturgis Sat-Wed.... I'll try to make it to the M&G....

Who's driving up through Kansas and Nebraska? I'm planning my route now checking with the local DOT websites trying to avoid as much road construction as possible.....

·
Registered
169 Posts
going to miss by a week.

I will be there the last week of july,leaving on saturday to come back.oh well

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I'm up for meeting whenever and where ever everyone wants BUT I like to do my riding in the morning after breakfast. It seems if you get up and go early the roads are less crowded and more enjoyable. I'd prefer maybe an afternoon M&G somewhere.

Saying that I realize the earlier you meet the better as far as coordinating things. As the day goes on people get doing things and it's harder to get together.

I guess too it depends on what you guys wanna do, just have a Meet n Greet or have a Meet n Greet and go riding. If we go riding maybe we could meet Wednesday morning and ride to Devils Tower about 83 miles away. I've been told Hulett, Wyoming, about 15 miles from Devils Tower, has a big biker ho-down on Wednesday called No Panties Wednesday :eek:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here is a great resource for road construction. http://www.safetravelusa.com/sd/
I made the mistake of riding on Hwy 16 from Newcastle,WY to Custer, SD last weekend. It is a major, major mess.
I will be working in Deadwood all week but would love to try and sneak away for a M&G and maybe a ride.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'd be up for a M&G and a nice long ride. I'll be up there from 8/3 till 8/9 unless I pull up stakes and head somewhere else. Thinking about riding to Red Lodge for a day or so. Gotta work on 8/11 so no shark week for me.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok folks here it is.

First meet and greet tentatively scheduled for Tues Aug 5 at 09:00 at a local landmark to be determined. Would be cool to do a ride to Mt Rushmore and Crazy horse for some photo ops with a murder of sharks. I know there is group heading from Sturgis to SW in Maine(New Hampshire).

Second meet and greet for those not able to make the first will be Thursday Aug 7 at 09:00. I know some folks will miss the first part of the week travelling to Sturgis so did not want to leave those folks out..

Chose mornings because that leaves the rest of the day for a ride and for folks to return to their lodging wherever it maybe within the 50 miles radius of Sturgis that people stay in.

I will be in the area arriving on the Sunday night August 3rd and leaving the following Friday or Saturday.

So lets hear some locations to meet up and who all's going to be there.

Calgaryglide
reposting the 1st post. Tuesday 09:00 for first meet and greet. Those that mentioned Spearfish, that is fine with me. We can schedule a little earlier if that works as well. Not sure how far away from Sturgis people are staying.

Maybe 08:30 would work better.

We need a definite location for photo op and breakfast before a nice morning ride, then we can either stick together or go separate ways for what each has planned for the day.

Regards,

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sounds good Calgary. I think I saw the breakfast is from 7-10. Folks that want to eat earlier can arrive earlier. I like the 9am plan for photo op and to throw a leg over for a ride through the canyon. If people want to eat more, gab more...show up early! If you don't want to eat, just meet there slightly before 9am for the photo op. Looking forward to meeting several members soon!
Cheers,
G

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
27 Posts
Spearfish Canyon has many parking areas for picture opportunities. But it might be hard to isolate just the sharks. Actually, Somewhere in the canyon is a sweet little parking lot on the right along a stream. I think its halfway between Savoy and 85. There is a pond there that would make a good picture site. There are Brook Trout swimming in there as well.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
If its Tuesday we're probably in, Wednesday we're heading to Devils Tower and Huelett. I was thinkin' that early in the day you could probably park anywhere ya wanted in Sturgis for a photo op. Spearfish is cool too, we're staying about 50 miles from there.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts