Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just might have to pay these cats a visit and get them to stop puffin the Cheebah for a min to discuss this ridiculously high price - Bike was $17K brand new.......and if they want to play the card of "Extras" then I'll ask for the same favor to be extended to the Bonnie on trade in value :wink: (which we all know never happens)

I am a fan of the build and bike......just not the $16K tag

https://www.imotorsportsinc.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=7075401&p=12&s=Price&d=A&l=imotorsports inc&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I like that bike! Someday I will add a springer in my garage. NOT that price though. Seriously, KBB says $7,250. Retail. Maybe $8K on the floor for that one, but not double that to $16K. Anyone buys that for that coin, needs their head examined!

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like that bike! Someday I will add a springer in my garage. NOT that price though. Seriously, KBB says $7,250. Retail. Maybe $8K on the floor for that one, but not double that to $16K. Anyone buys that for that coin, needs their head examined!
Its a Whole Sale Shop that buys Repo Bikes and Other Trade In Scenarios (guys trade this in on a car kind of thing) so they are ALWAYS over priced - I like to have fun and say, "Okay then, well, my Bonnie stickers for $12.5 and has a ton of goodies too so you plan to give me $11.5 for it?" - I'd be lucky to get $8K on Trade, $9K private sell - I want to see what they mean by "Documented Build" as I have receipts for my shit too :grin:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Up North here, that price would be close to what it would be valued. I wish our market costs were similar, as I would like to have a springer softail for $8k.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
Just might have to pay these cats a visit and get them to stop puffin the Cheebah for a min to discuss this ridiculously high price - Bike was $17K brand new.......and if they want to play the card of "Extras" then I'll ask for the same favor to be extended to the Bonnie on trade in value :wink: (which we all know never happens)

https://www.imotorsportsinc.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=7075401&p=12&s=Price&d=A&l=imotorsports inc&fr=xPreOwnedInventory
Well that didn't take long for You to find a New Sled, LMAO!
Just Kidding Brother.
Nice one for sure.
Mmike U.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,045 Posts

Have you ridden the FTR1200 "S" model yet? I was thinking that it would make an excellent stablemate to your 2 retro Harleys.

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you ridden the FTR1200 "S" model yet? I was thinking that it would make an excellent stablemate to your 2 retro Harleys.
The only reason I am thinking of letting the Bonnie go is the flat seat and zero wind protection has me only good for 50 miles or so......might be at a point where I need lower back support (like the '98 Dyna Seat has) or a windscreen.....or both like the Heritage has - I like the FTR but that is a $17K bike to get the one I want........too much $$ for what I would use it for.....a 2nd round towner and fast bike jaunt ride

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love that Springer front end! Surprised Harley hasn't released any new models recently with that classic look. I owned the last model Harley made with that springer front end, the Crossbones. Miss that bike and wish I was able to hold onto it!
Those fucking things are still pulling $13K all day.....for 40K miles ratted out POS bikes too...........and I love 'em

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Love that Springer front end! Surprised Harley hasn't released any new models recently with that classic look. I owned the last model Harley made with that springer front end, the Crossbones. Miss that bike and wish I was able to hold onto it!
Love them. One of the ones I would own to share space in my garage with my other 2.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Those fucking things are still pulling $13K all day.....for 40K miles ratted out POS bikes too...........and I love 'em
Yeah,my brother was doing some searching online for those bikes and told me how well they’re holding their value. I guess because those Springer front ends are becoming more and more rare and harder to find and probably a thing of the past. Since Harley is trying to find new and younger customers nowadays, doubt they’ll invest time and money bringing that old classic look back any time soon unfortunately

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Love them. One of the ones I would own to share space in my garage with my other 2.
I wish I could hold onto that bike! Back in 2010, I test rode a Road Glide for the first time and obviously was sold on it right away lol. Was going to get an 11 Ultra in fall of 2010 but decided to wait a year and got a 12 Ultra instead and needed this bike for all the cross country trips I had planned after retirement,including to Alaska. Unfortunately I didn’t have enough room and both my 09 Crossbones and 99 Wide Glide had to go. If I only had the garage space back then as I have now, I would be able to hold onto them too. Oh well lol

·
Registered
3,797 Posts

I just don't see a guy who appreciates a well tuned suspension enjoying a springer front end for very long.

I haven't personally ridden one, but my BIL who is a Harley Fanatic said it was the worst bike he ever rode.

It sure is a nice garage queen though.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
If I were going to buy an older bike it would have to be 25 years old so I can put a one-time vintage plate on it and have cheap insurance.

A '94 dyna with buckhorns and speedo/tach up on the handlebars would be nice.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I just don't see a guy who appreciates a well tuned suspension enjoying a springer front end for very long.

I haven't personally ridden one, but my BIL who is a Harley Fanatic said it was the worst bike he ever rode.

It sure is a nice garage queen though.
Never had any issues with that front end other than it feeling a little stiffer than regular forks. Only issue I had with that Softail, was floorboards scraping a bit easier in turns compared to my Dyna. The new Softails don’t have that problem I hear. One good thing about the Springer front end other than the looks, you won’t have to worry about blowing fork seals lol

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
If I were going to buy an older bike it would have to be 25 years old so I can put a one-time vintage plate on it and have cheap insurance.

A '94 dyna with buckhorns and speedo/tach up on the handlebars would be nice.
Did you actually like those buckhorn bars? Not many did and they were usually the first things to go on the bikes back then. They used to joke about whole scrapyards being filled with piles of buckhorn bars lol

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,045 Posts

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just don't see a guy who appreciates a well tuned suspension enjoying a springer front end for very long. .
Ridden a few Springers.....For 99% of your riding, it just feels like a stiff front end....which I am good with

Only time you would REALLY feel the difference is in any kind of switch back railing twisties and while I love doing that and use the Bonnie when the opportunity arrives....those opps are becoming more and more rare

I just got back from the Dealer who was doing work on the new Heritage (new thread coming) and test rode a '06 Night Train and aside for the shitty ass stock bars......fun fucking bike

1 - 20 of 41 Posts