Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So here is what my bike currently looks like and the laundry list of changes I have thus far. I was planning on going all blacked out, but decided on a mix of black an chrome for some contrast.

Mind as well update the list..

RGbuild-a.jpg

Daymakers
21" XM Stilletto front
18" XM Stilletto rear
XM matching brake rotors
XM Stilletto A/C
XM edge cut grips
edge cut mirrors
edge cut Shift Linkage
edge cut brake Pedal/Linkage
edge cut highway pegs
Windsplitter 12.5
Windscreen trim
Derby Cover
Timing Cover
Blacked out Forks
Hertz HCX 6.5"
Rockford Pbr300x2
Rinehart Slip-ons
Minor tune
Edge cut bag latches
Buky Malo 12"
Matching inner fairing
Ness Floorboards
Black Console
Custom tank filler lid
Stealth luggage rack

Updated to-do list
-Header
-Cams
-Heads
-SERT

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Nice mods. Like the color too :)

·
Super Moderator
1,815 Posts
Changes to your bike.

Nice list of changes so far.

I consider lighting upgrades and handlebar upgrades top of the list.

Handle bars... the heritage road glide bars are very popular here for a reason. Inexpensive too considering what other mods run.

Inner fairing... TOTAL bang for your buck. It changes your bike instantly. :D

Good luck... keep us updated.

HUTMO

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
+1 on the Heritage bars. Just installed mine and love them. Need to update my signature pic.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a little update. I finally got around to the honey-do list.

Color match inner fairing
Ness Floorboards
Buky Malo 12" bars black
Gauge bezels

What I can't decide on now is a little cosmetic surgery or some muscle. They are each going to cost about the same to have done.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I added a gloss black tank console to the parts list today. That should set off the smokey chrome filler cap nicely. Don't worry pics will be forthcoming.

Now I need to figure out what insert I like.

P.S. I'll have a chrome console for sale if anyone is looking.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OHGlider DO NOT let the "haters" discourage your color choice I LOVE IT Hawkeye

PS have a set of edge cut saddlebag latches if interested PM me

Don't worry haters are just jealous they didn't get the color first...hahaa.

Now you tell me about the latches. I got some about 2 months ago.

Bars are arriving today....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Inner fairing and bars are here. I have the outer fairing off and gauges out for now. Given all the dangling wire, cables and controls that are laying on the inner fairing, I am pausing with that and working on the bars right now.

Trying to figure out how to get the damn inner part of the connectors out so I can pull the pins. Cutting, splicing and soldering are not in the cards.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Got all the wires pulled through and have one of the connectors reassembled. I should have the new bars back on the bike tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I finished the reassembling the plugs and bolted up the bars for mock position. The grips and controls are in place, but not tightened down yet. So far it looks like the wires will have plenty of room. The clutch and brake cable are still a question. Two inches if length on each line would help but I hope to find a way around that.

Helpful tips- By some beaded ball chain from the hardware store. Makes the easiest and strongest fishing tape for the bars. Buy a long chain (144" =$3.00)
First, I ran each end of the chain (same as using two chains) through the bars at the same time. (Don't have to cut it because you might need 12 feet of it for something else someday) Then tape one chain to each set of wires. I then pulled the TBW wire through first. The reason for this is that TBW has bulky spots due to the square connectors. The switch housing wires are not as bulky because the wires are uniform in size. This this makes it slide a bit easier.

With 12" Malo bars you do not need a TBW extension or have to cut the plugs. Just wrap them tight with electric tape.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I ran to the dealer for a quick question after work and ended up ordering my stage 4 kit. That will take care of the muscle part of my build. A little early birthday gift to myself if you will. Just waiting on a couple of small things so I can put the outer fairing back on.

Depending on the weather they will pick it up or I'll ride it to the shop next week. I'd love to get a couple rides in before the white stuff starts flyin'.

She is getting so close....

1 - 20 of 92 Posts