Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, It's over 1400 miles. Looks like the guys are riding and shipping the wives on a plane for next year:D
Or at least that's the first impression.

Maybe we can get that honorary Buckeye from WV to join up with us again.:)

Who's in?

Riding
Ohiobellboy
stripclub
neverdone
Hawkeye7
cotton hill??

Flying in (possibly)

nobody :(

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am going to have to miss next year. That is the only weekend(Fathers day) that is taken every year for the past 5 years.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
After talking it over with AKA "High Maintenance" :eek:, she may be flying in also due to her work schedule, but we definitely plan to be in Texas next June :D

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After talking it over with AKA "High Maintenance" :eek:, she may be flying in also due to her work schedule, but we definitely plan to be in Texas next June :D
That nickname is hilarious. I missed how it all started. Has she googled yet to see if there's a place to buy more towels and a UPS store?:D

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
That nickname is hilarious. I missed how it all started. Has she googled yet to see if there's a place to buy more towels and a UPS store?:D
Hawkeye and Cottonhill started the nickname, and it stuck, I am sure she is already searching for places to shop in Texas.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm kicking around the idea of a TX run.

I unloaded the bike and parked it in the garage.
No I haven't looked at the bike. I've got ESP until 11 of 2017.
I'll let the guys at Twin Hills Iron in Uniontown, OH
( Former Service Mgr. at Freedom ) or Freedom. do the work.
Depending on the turn around time.

No plans for a new 2015, Keeping this bike till ESP expires. Should
be over 100K easily by than. Bike is paid for only expense is
plates and insurance.

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
Reservations made. M - F.

rough plans... im sure they will change a billion times..

Leave Ohio Thursday or Friday .... meet Jen in San Antonio

Spend Sunday night and 1/2 day Monday site seeing in SA... then head to Kerville Monday afternoon.

Leave SW Friday and super-slab it home 3x 500 mile days = home Sunday.

Unknowns or things to decide:

- route to SW (some slab / some country)
- Big Bend National park (would hate to go that far and not make it to that place.... its AMAZING!)
- If Jen flies out of Cleveland or Akron (might be nice if we could get all the wives on one flight)
- Might also be nice to have a rental car (the ladies could split the cost and drive to / from the airport)
- what bike to take (a new 2015 CVO or my hoopty green custom) :eek:

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I talked to Hawkeye7/Oscar/Pat today, he mentioned maybe his wife flying out also and renting a car. I like the all one flight idea but we don't ever fly and do not get any airline perks miles from anything.

That Sunday night in SA doesn't sound like a bad idea depending on what kind of flights the women can get. Unless they fly in on Sunday, rent a car, get rooms for everyone and meet us at the hotel we pick out.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Ok my reservations are made, got me a saweeeet king bed loft room, I made my reservations for check in Sunday June 14th thru Friday June 19th. So when the flight schedule is made for the ladies, let me know and maybe we can get them all on the same flight.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I met some of you fine people at the Ohio Meet-N -Greet back in June. Might be interested in following you guys down, not sure what route you are taking, but I am sure I could hook up with you somewhere. I think my wife might be riding with me though, if it's a guys only then then I understand. Maybe hook up with you in San Antonio as our tentative plans include trying to arrive there Sunday for some sightseeing as well, awesome town.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Ok my reservations are made, got me a saweeeet king bed loft room, I made my reservations for check in Sunday June 14th thru Friday June 19th. So when the flight schedule is made for the ladies, let me know and maybe we can get them all on the same flight.
Damn - how did you get Sunday? Was blocked when I tried last night.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I met some of you fine people at the Ohio Meet-N -Greet back in June. Might be interested in following you guys down, not sure what route you are taking, but I am sure I could hook up with you somewhere. I think my wife might be riding with me though, if it's a guys only then then I understand. Maybe hook up with you in San Antonio as our tentative plans include trying to arrive there Sunday for some sightseeing as well, awesome town.
PM me your email address & when we get a route set up I can email it to you.

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
I just wanted to give you guys a little shout out. I think its great that the 'Ohio Sharks' were able to make it to SW and that you all are looking forward to SWV. It was pretty darn cool to see you all roll in together and not to mention the raffle donation you made.

I hope everyone had a great time.

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
I just called and was told all rooms are gone at the special rate. And they wont
take regular rate reservations that far out.
WTF I thought they said that the resort could handle all of us. If the place is already booked, did we get a BS story? :mad:
Keep in mind people are making reservations (myself included) well before it was even official. I'm betting things change up some when they get the contract signed with the hotel.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts