Road Glide banner
41 - 60 of 259 Posts
Yea we definitely do not discriminate, and I remember him, he was a cool with a great sense of humor. Will he be coming again this year?
I am trying to convince him. He still talks about how much fun he had. I ended up going to the hospital the next day with pancreatitis. He swears its because of the 4 cheeseburgers I ate during the 500 mile trip that day! I tell him it's because of the thousands I had eaten before that day but you know how people are.

Yes he was a cool guy,we road back as far as Dayton with you guys,hope he makes again this year.

Discussion starter · #44 ·
Lets try to plan this thing for late May.

I can't wait for the weather to break so we can get out there riding. I hope to start making scouting trips by late April....

Memorial day is May 25th. So a meet on May 23rd could probably work well. Most of us would have Monday off to recover from the strong weekend.

Only downside is that police presence will be real tough that weekend. Over here in PA they do random DUI checks all over all weekend, and have speed traps all over almost to the point of being harassing.

Maybe they don't do that in OH? We'd just have to play it cool.

Discussion starter · #48 ·
Just had a thought. (Please don't be shocked! :p)
Ohio Bike Week is the first week of June in Sandusky. Right where we are going. We could combine the meet and greet with OBW.
Anybody like that idea?

Just had a thought. (Please don't be shocked! :p)
Ohio Bike Week is the first week of June in Sandusky. Right where we are going. We could combine the meet and greet with OBW.
Anybody like that idea?
Ohio Bike Week and then SWV right after. Maybe I should just take 2 weeks off............

Is it time to go,are we there yet.Cabin fever is kicking my ass.:eek:

For us Canucks there's a ferry from Leamington to Pelee Is then to Sandusky.
Kinda hard to understand the schedule, and all I could find is from 2014 but looks like there's a ferry that departs at 10am on Saturdays.
I like the OBW idea but whatever you all decide is good with me.
Count me in :)

Discussion starter · #54 ·
OK,

As I see it the most probable weekends to hold this are; (in order of date)

1) Sat, 5/23 - Memorial Day weekend
2) Sat, 5/30
3) Sat, 6/6 Ohio Bike Week

Is there any other dates that anyone (who is serious about attending) would like to see considered.

I was thinking that once we have all the finalists picked out we could vote on a winner....

5/23 will more than likely be crowded as will 6/6,but would rather deal with the 6/6 crowd,my kinda people,But any of the 3 Sat's work for me.As long as its not pouring rain.

Agree with Steve ^^... Went to bike week a few years ago. Trying to find a place for 5 people to sit together to eat was a disaster. I can't think what 20-30 people would be like. Many members head to DC for Rolling Thunder over Memorial Day weekend.
The 30th also gets my vote.

41 - 60 of 259 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.