Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
Subscribing, I want to see what you think of them.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Put 500 miles on my SERGC with Ohlin 6's and then took it in for the 1000 mile service (didnt put them on until 500 miles) and had the shocks "dialed in" now that they were somewhat broken in. I loved the shocks before (as I stated in a couple of threads) but when I got on my bike today, it was like nothing I have ever felt on a Harley... I have rode motorcycles most of my life and Harleys for the last 16 years and probably the only bike that has ever been close was a BMW LT with Ohlins. The only thing that pisses me off is that I have gone all these years not knowing a Harley could ride like this. I realize that they are insanely expensive (which is why I have never "taken the leap" before) but I will tell all my RG Junkie brothers and sisters out there that if you can find a way to get these, once you get them "dialed in" you will love every minute you have them!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
How did you mount the res. Any pic's?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I didnt install them (can barely install the license plate..) but I know on 1 side they installed on the antanee bracket. Looks like the same place on the other side but not sure. no pics, sorry.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
frankieb, what if say a fellow KY rider couldn't wait until shark week to check out your mods? what would you suggest.

(( translation: I'm not working and looking for bike ideas ))
you could upgrade the suspension, the bars, some wheels, drop some cams in it, it really depends on what you think needs improving.

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
Just curious, with the forum discount how much the 6 cost, if you can't post it and have to PM me that would be fine. Been thinking about the 3 series but if the 6 is really that much better, I may go for it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Does anyone have other recommendations for mounting of the reservoirs? Pics appreciated.

BG

·
Banned
144 Posts
Nice to hear some good feed back on these... I am in the process of evaluating #6's for myself. Howard said he would send me photos of the res. mounted on a 12 FLTRX. I am certain the only way you would be no unhappy with these would be if they were not setup proper.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice to hear some good feed back on these... I am in the process of evaluating #6's for myself. Howard said he would send me photos of the res. mounted on a 12 FLTRX. I am certain the only way you would be no unhappy with these would be if they were not setup proper.
you can look on his website for the pic with the res. mounted under the tour pack. That is how i mounted mine. You can mount them to the back bag support but will have to cut off the ant. mount.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts