Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering getting some ohlin or JRi shocks. The website everyone uses for these products confuses the hell out of me. So I filled out the form and within minutes got an email with the form I filled out in it. So now what?

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
If it was Motorcycle Metal, just give Howard a call, much easier.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
sit back, and enjoy the ride, make sure your phone is fully charged! but it is worth the time if you are truly interested in what he has to say

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am in Germany so long phone calls could cost as much as the shocks:)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok got my email from Howard, he was having difficulties getting through my spam filter.

So I have been doing some reading here and there and I am at a decision point, 12" or 13".... I am thinking 12" since I never ride 2 up and likely will not and I am a feather weight. What do you all think 12 or 13?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I talked to Howard for about 30 minutes Friday morning. Placed my order and went to BofA to make a deposit to him. My JRI 13" B shocks ship tomorrow!! :D

I went with the 13" shocks because the sag on them will put me at almost the exact same ride height as the stockers. The 12" would lower the ride height a bit.

As Howard says, "Tape a $100 bill to your forehead and walk in a bar. Doesn't matter if you're running a lowered bike or a stock height bike. You'll get laid either way." :cool: (I'm old enough to know that ;) )

·
Registered
18 Posts
i went with the JRI A 12" for my 2010 FLTRX & still in process of completing rear tire install. One difference i noticed between the OEM airshocks mounts & the JRi A is the narrower upper lug attach of the JRI A top mount point. the hog OEM has more thickness/rubber mount surface in the cross section of top attach point of shock body.
Need to call howard & see what he recommends for shimming so the shock body is not kicked inboard/outboard direction with relation of top to bottom attachments. pICKED up some grade 8 washers but want to ensure i mount these babies properly.
what has anyone else done to install JRI A's from stock OEM conversion?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Read the directions with pictures

i went with the JRI A 12" for my 2010 FLTRX & still in process of completing rear tire install. One difference i noticed between the OEM airshocks mounts & the JRi A is the narrower upper lug attach of the JRI A top mount point. the hog OEM has more thickness/rubber mount surface in the cross section of top attach point of shock body.
Need to call howard & see what he recommends for shimming so the shock body is not kicked inboard/outboard direction with relation of top to bottom attachments. pICKED up some grade 8 washers but want to ensure i mount these babies properly.
what has anyone else done to install JRI A's from stock OEM conversion?
Please read the directions with pictures that I sent you at the same time I sent you your invoice with tracking number when your shocks were shipped. Amy does the complete install and all you have to do is follow the pictures and read the words (& not looking at her rear). This Unofficial Installation Guide covers everything you will need to know. If you did not keep it please e-Mail me & I will send you it again.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I'm running JRi B 12" shocks and love them , I ride 1up and 2up and they work fine , they have a 77mm stoke and I have no issues

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
I have 12" JRI B, ride solo all the time, I also have progressive monotubes -2" up front.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
346 Posts
I think Howard is at one of them girly bars.
Haven't heard back since I paid my money for the JRI's.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Late shipping since Saturday

I think Howard is at one of them girly bars.
Haven't heard back since I paid my money for the JRI's.
Please take my apologies as the guys get Saturday (the day you paid) and Sunday off. I missed Leesburg motorcycle rally because I was stuck building forks and shocks all weekend while looking at my bike under a sheet and cinder blocks with no windows. Your order has been submitted and tracking number sent to you along with a paid invoice. Please wait until midnight to update at UPS. I will speak to JRI on your behalf and ask why they took off all weekend hanging around with their wife's & kids. I am sure the owner of the company will agree with you on that one.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts