Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off with the old and on with the new. Just replaced the stock rear shocks on my 2015 RGS with a set of Ohlin 6.2's from Howard over at Motorcyclemetal. I am very impressed with the way these new shocks perform. The ride at the rear of the bike is so improved, I'm beginning to realize how inadequate the front suspension is and although I wasn't planning on replacing the front, I am now. The Ohlin's haven't been fined tuned yet ether. I've only been riding with on the recommended starting point settings thus far, but will be calling Howard next week so he can walk me through some of the points of fine tuning. If your considering making a change to your rear suspension, I would highly recommend these shocks from Motorcyclemetal. And don't let the price noted on their website scare you off because Howard offers a nice discount to forum members. For me this was the best investment in ride quality I could have done and I will be going to work on the front soon. I haven't done any research on front suspensions yet and don't know what I'll end up with but, it will most likely be Ohlin's up there as well.

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I went with JRI when Howard was selling them, and am still very happy. I'll probably go with Ohlins on the 2 newer bikes soon. Howard is only a 20 minute drive from where I live, so I have an advantage that most don't. I learned a lot about shocks from Howard, he really knows his stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts