Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my Ohlins installed on my RGU but I'm unable to get a hold of Howard at Motorcycle Metal, it seems his phone is out. Could someone who has these shocks installed explain how Howard had you adjust the shocks initially, and then after the 500mile and 1,000mile (i think) mileage mark?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Subscribed!

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
which number are you calling ????? he has a new number 954-848-1525 , with that said I believe he is at Daytona today in the pits tuning suspension for some of the race teams

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, I had the wrong number. I'm still interested to know if anyone has adjusted the spring hight after 500 miles or with a full touring load and passenger?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I adjusted my sag when I got them to 1/3 stroke like Howard recommends , after riding they did soften up , after about 750 miles I reset my sag , I played with the adjuster at the bottom of the shock to find the spot that felt best to me , all this was set for me riding solo , my wife is 125lbs , when we ride 2up I do not change the sag but turn the adjuster 2 clicks stiffer and this works fine for me , 2up fully loaded depending on the weight I usually go 1-2 complete turns stiffer on the sag setting

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts