Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 RGS that I installed a set of 30mm cartridges into. Now, after about 6000 miles of trouble free performance, I have a noticeable clunk coming from forks when I cycle them. Before I had the Ohlins whoosh when I cycled the fork, now I have a clunk and I perceive a notchy feeling that coincides with the clunk.

I am getting ready to take it all apart, but wondered if anyone else has experienced similar?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I have a 2015 RGS that I installed a set of 30mm cartridges into. Now, after about 6000 miles of trouble free performance, I have a noticeable clunk coming from forks when I cycle them. Before I had the Ohlins whoosh when I cycled the fork, now I have a clunk and I perceive a notchy feeling that coincides with the clunk.

I am getting ready to take it all apart, but wondered if anyone else has experienced similar?

Thanks
I sent you a pm with my phone number. I know you didn't buy from me but will be glad to help.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am not convinced it is coming from the Ohlins cartridges. Maybe, but maybe bushings, or ??? I am going to get a stethoscope and trace the source before I take anything apart. A definite notchy clunk though. Let me know if something comes to mind. Thanks

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
LMAO @ SteadyEddie

Boy does this sound familiar, wish you luck getting yours figured out RatDog.
I wouldn't wish on anybody, the bullshit I had to go thru with the clunking in mine and especially the bullshit to get it fixed

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
LMAO @ SteadyEddie

I wouldn't wish on anybody, the bullshit I had to go thru with the clunking in mine and especially the bullshit to get it fixed
I'm sure RatDog would like you to explain What and How you fixed yours....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LMAO @ SteadyEddie

I am all ears

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LMAO @ SteadyEddie

I hear the clunk while I sleep

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry, I figured you would have "searched" and found my post. Not sure if we had a common issue, but mine was a 10 month long cluster fuck

https://www.roadglide.org/3-*general-road-glide-discussions-pictures/346545-loud-banging-hitting-bumps.html
Appreciate the reply and thanks for the link. Wow what an ordeal! Bet you are glad that is behind you.
I think mine is the top out spring, I am going to take it all apart in the next couple of weeks and double check everything. I have a seal weeping slightly so I’ll start with that one. I know it is all relative, but I run this bike pretty hard, I’ll keep it in second gear in the canyons for miles, right in the sweet spot of the power band, and make the Ohlins earn their keep and must admit, they just plain work. Quite happy with the performance.

Thanks again for the reply.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts