Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put new shocks on the 2019 CVO . I would like the backline series to match the bike. I got some info off you tube and the gentleman was mentioning the 773s or the 771....I think the difference is just the 13' or the 12" Not sure which is better for me. Im 230lbs and 5' 10" mostly ride alone. Dont want the bike any taller if need be, but willing to go there if it rides better. Im not a hard rider just looking for more comfort and a bit better performance .
Are these something I can throw on my self? The issue I had was when I went to an Ohlin website and punched in my bike they didnt show me those shocks. Hmmmm.....any advice?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I got HD 772s from Smarty. There are other Vendors on the site that will set you up as well.
Installation is ez pz but you will need someone to measure while you sit on the bike.
Best upgrade I've made so far. Better control in the corners and no bottoming out with the frost heaves.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a bunch, I think Smarty replied to one of my posts earlier. He left a number, wasn't aware he was a vendor. Ill check it out.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Looking to put new shocks on the 2019 CVO . I would like the backline series to match the bike. I got some info off you tube and the gentleman was mentioning the 773s or the 771....I think the difference is just the 13' or the 12" Not sure which is better for me. Im 230lbs and 5' 10" mostly ride alone. Dont want the bike any taller if need be, but willing to go there if it rides better. Im not a hard rider just looking for more comfort and a bit better performance .
Are these something I can throw on my self? The issue I had was when I went to an Ohlin website and punched in my bike they didnt show me those shocks. Hmmmm.....any advice?
Check with Smarty. He helped me get all set up, good to go. Best single improvement on the whole bike.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
you will be much happier with the 13s over the 12s. with the proper sag set, the seat height will not be much different, but the increased shock travel will allow for a much smoother ride.

·
Registered
262 Posts
you will be much happier with the 13s over the 12s. with the proper sag set, the seat height will not be much different, but the increased shock travel will allow for a much smoother ride.
You are correct. I have 12s ohlins and wish they was 13s. I bought mine used for cheap so I can't complain too much. However they are one of the best upgrades I've done on my rgc.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think Ill pull the trigger on the 13s, just gotta get someone to help me set the sag. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts