Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m fixing to install Ohlins cartridges in my 2017 RGS forks and am wondering about modifying the shroud that mostly covers the top of the fork tubes so you can make adjustments after they’re installed. Has anyone done that and if so how? Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I’m fixing to install Ohlins cartridges in my 2017 RGS forks and am wondering about modifying the shroud that mostly covers the top of the fork tubes so you can make adjustments after they’re installed. Has anyone done that and if so how? Thanks.
Go to Lowe’s or a home depot and get a hole saw, 2” I think is what I used to cut the shape easiest rather then trying to free hand it.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for the pic. That's exactly what I was wanting. Is that piece (the shroud) easily removed so one can work on it?
Two torx screws, one on each side of gauge bezel to remove the top with gauges; the two more further down the fork tubes. After that they split/pull apart; plastic clip holds together so be a bit gentle when pulling so you don’t crack the clip

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Two torx screws, one on each side of gauge bezel to remove the top with gauges; the two more further down the fork tubes. After that they split/pull apart; plastic clip holds together so be a bit gentle when pulling so you don’t crack the clip
It’s pretty tight there. Do you have to remove all or part of the nose fairing to get a torx bit/driver in there?

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,499 Posts
It’s pretty tight there. Do you have to remove all or part of the nose fairing to get a torx bit/driver in there?
You can use a small torx bit in a ratcheting wrench.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hand Vertebrate Leg Human body Mammal
I have this if you don’t want to cut up yours. I had to notch it for my KST bars as they was pinching my wires. It’s the flat black not gloss black. Depending on what you have. Just pay shipping

·
Registered
407 Posts
Recommend you talk to Carol “Smarty“ Burks before modifying the cover. I’ve had the Öhlins cartridges for two years and haven’t seen the need to adjust them post proper installation.

Reactions: Bluemax
1 - 10 of 10 Posts