Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well they are officially in (sticker installed).

The installation was pretty easy, it's late and I gotta work tomorrow so I will finish up tomorrow night.

Attachments

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I took the bars off during the installation and just suspended them from the ceiling. To be honest I could had done it without taking the bars off, but it sure did make things easier. Awhile back I buggered up one of the torx bolts when I was adjusting the bars, so I replaced those bolts anyway.

You will have to turn your monitor to view, I don't know why some photos get turned like that?

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
Did you happen to have the Progressive monotubes in there before? I'd like to see a review comparing those two, since we already know that anything is much better than stock.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got back from my test ride - pure beauty - wow
These thing ride like a bike should, and really gave me loads of confidence within minutes of riding. Much tighter in the turns low/ high speed. Smoothed out dips and bumps like no other. OK they were pricey but this time around I did all the labor myself and saved the 500 euros the dealer wanted.

So same test ride to test out my composite rotor. Man these things stay cool. I got them bedded in and had at it with some pretty hard braking. Popped in the garage and the are reading 40C, and I was not easy on them at all.

Yes I had the Monotubes in there and like I said on another, they suck. I know that is against what 95% of the people say! but for me they we unsafe.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
These thing ride like a bike should, and really gave me loads of confidence within minutes of riding. Much tighter in the turns low/ high speed. Smoothed out dips and bumps like no other. OK they were pricey but this time around I did all the labor myself and saved the 500 euros the dealer wanted.

So same test ride to test out my composite rotor. Man these things stay cool. I got them bedded in and had at it with some pretty hard braking. Popped in the garage and the are reading 40C, and I was not easy on them at all.

Yes I had the Monotubes in there and like I said on another, they suck. I know that is against what 95% of the people say! but for me they we unsafe.
Glad you found a solution. I'm happy with my monotubes, but I've been called 'Grandpa' before on rides. LOL

·
Banned
144 Posts
Totally agree with the Mono Tube statement... Yeah they help with braking dive, but any over sprung setup would.... Over sprung and under dampened.... Been running them since e spring and thought I could wait till winter to replace them but I can't...

I have the composite rotors and have been unimpressed.

·
Banned
144 Posts
Where can you purchase the FKC 101's ? I am pretty internet savvy and don't see them anywhere except on Ohlins site... Of course it's Saturday I've made a few phone calls... waiting to hear back.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where can you purchase the FKC 101's ? I am pretty internet savvy and don't see them anywhere except on Ohlins site... Of course it's Saturday I've made a few phone calls... waiting to hear back.
I got them for about a Grand from FuelMoto.

Jury is still out on the composite rotors, I plan to hit the mountains tomorrow, to get there I will have city and autobahn driving so I should get a a real good idea of how they perform.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I'm running the Ohlins cop shock and Ohlins 30mm cartridges in my front forks , Howard at motorcyclemetal custom built them for me and gives big discounts to forum members

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ohlin cop shocks

Do you think the OHLIN cop shocks would be good for 2 up riding? And how easy are they to adjust when changing between 1 up and 2 up riding?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Do you think the OHLIN cop shocks would be good for 2 up riding? And how easy are they to adjust when changing between 1 up and 2 up riding?
I ride 1up ,2up both without a tour Pak and 2 up with the tour Pak loaded down , 1 up and 2 up I make no adjustments and I am fine , 2 up loaded with tour Pak I go 2 clicks stiffer on the compression and it's fine

1 - 20 of 23 Posts