Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow I can't believe no one is using this up grade? Smokeyjoe your forks must have Howards 30mm. Kit ?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Mine are the standard size that come on the 2012 models, not sure what size that is... I did not upgrade any tube diameter's

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I've got the 30mm cartridges inside the 49mm forks on my 2011, it is great

·
Registered
173 Posts
stock size

Is that what the stock sizes are?
Your forks are 41mm. 1948 (first year of the HydroGlide) to 2013 are all 1 5/8" AKA 41mm (which they are not) and 2014 ~ current is 49mm. This applies only to FLT's as this is that type of forum. Your forks were purchased from another vendor and you were unhappy with the results. I was sent the forks after being re-built from OhlinsUSA where you were still unhappy with the results after raising your performance objections. I took your forks apart when I received them and took apart your 25mm FKC-101 cartridges, cleaned, resurfaced your main piston(s) than re-valved them for your taste. I than sent them back to you.

The reason why this was such an easy job for me is because this member accurately described what he felt on each part of the road imperfection (either pot hole of speed bump) so I can "see" than correct his problem. Easy when working with knowledgeable bikers and makes me happy to get a smile from another happy biker.

25mm cartridges were designed for the 41mm fork tube because of the tight I.D. clearances. A 30mm NIX needs at least a 43mm fork tube which is why all 49mm forks are a good candidate. A 30mm cartridge will not fit inside of a 41mm fork.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I can never pass up an opportunity to thank Howard enough! The ride difference is night and day after Howard reworked/tuned them for me. I was so close to throwing them.out and starting over the. Howard offered to help me out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts