Road Glide banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, finally decided to take the plunge. After 10 years of riding many miles of back-jarring rides on the stock 12" shocks between my ol' RK Custom and my newer RG Custom, I've had enough and subscribed to the "O" snake oil in the hopes of alleviating the pain...

This is coming just in time for the perfect 3k round trip evaluation to Sturgis coming at the end of this month.

Really looking forward to getting these and reporting my findings.

Thanks to Howard for providing the necessary info to help me come to a decision for these.

I'll let y'all know how it goes with these.

E :cool:

·
Registered
149 Posts
You won't regret it. I went with the 2.5 Ohlins from Howard as I wanted the full 13". the extra inch of travel makes a big difference in ride and bottoming out. You don't have to run the springs as stiff with the longer travel. However just about anything is better than the OEM air shocks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I too recently went with the 3-3 from Howard, what a great setup. Now have over a 1,000 miles on them and started dialing them in. Much better than the 12" air ride that was original, but I bet most anything would be an upgrade over those.

I was having a not so comfortable feeling in the corners and found that the right side swingarm bolt was 2.5 turns from being properly torqued. Plan to test this coming weekend to see if all is better.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds pretty great. I am hoping that by going straight to these and skipping all the trial and error with the in-between stuff, I am getting straight to the best (just short of the #6's, haha...).

They are on the way to me as we speak and the best part is they arrive on my birthday! Should be a great present to myself!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.