Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys here is a straight forward "review" if you will . I spoke with smarty a few weeks back and explained to him my wants in a shock, after a bit of conversation we decided my best bet with a recently broken back was the 772S. I will say I didn't expect a "magic pill" to make me comfortable on my bike again, I just wanted better.
Well they arrived and sat around for a couple weeks due to the fact I wanted to do my front rotors while it was on the jack ( Galfers are f'ng amazing by the way) finally got around to putting them on and scheduled a time for a phone call with Carol. What I really want to point out is this dude is in Sturgis and still took time out to do this with me..Top Notch to say the least. Got everything put on with sag and length adjusted correctly and i must say even though I didn't expect a magic pill , it seems I got one .The bike just behaves very different and feels comfortable without feeling wallowy. Impressed to say the least considering these shocks cost me less than a hundred bucks more than my buddy lackluster performing Progressives Im actually grinning ear to ear. If you're on the fence jump down and get something that will change your ride daily Ohlins has me hooked!

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Carol is a stand up guy to say the very least.. I watched him do a few set ups at shark week also.. Carol is on vacation and still works to help his fellow riders you just cant say enough about that... So if your in the suspension market Carol is your guy hands down!!!

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
@Smarty is ALWAYS on Vacation .......the Chris Chrstopherson lookin "Rubber Duck" muthafuckah

Proud to call that cat a friend and he is always there to help - If the OL and I ever get legal and I have a ceremony...........he is more than invited..............to park the cars and then come in and help with the butter dishes and water glasses >:)

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Carol was on a ride in south Texas when I made the order and who knows where when we talked about the install. Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about suspension setup.
I only made it 60 miles on the OEM 12 inch shocks before I ordered the Ohlins.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Carol was on the beach in Mexico when I called him for instructions on how to set up my HD 159s. Took his time, was patient, and a great help. I highly recommend him (Smarty) if you want to do a very meaningful upgrade to your Shark.

IMHO, this upgrade should come before spending money on anything.
Closely followed by a better shield.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I got her out on a bit of a ride today, no bullshit she behaves like a completely different bike. The ole lady couldn't stop talking about how smooth it felt and never asked me to slow down for a change. two thumbs up

·
Registered
88 Posts
Smarty the man the myth

All I have to say is smarty is awesome! Even on the way to the airport on his way to vacation smarty helped me with the install and set up of my new ohlins.And I couldn’t be happier. Not really sure if I’m more impressed with the shocks or smarty. I’ll ponder that ....anyway Smarty is the shit.....

·
Registered
101 Posts
Browns Harley Davidson in Mississauga, Ontario is a dealer for Öhlins. I ordered FKC 102 for my RGS 2016. You might want to give them a call.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts