Road Glide banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

For all of you Ohlins users out there, I have a few questions about installing my new set of Ohlins on my 2012 RG Custom. So, before I call Howard, I thought I'd check with ya'll who might have already done these...

In reading the instructions, it almost seems a bit complicated and maybe I am just reading too much into it.

Did any of you with the 09+ RGs have to use any spacers or shims?

Did you have to re-align the swing arm?

Are there special tricks or processes that I need to be aware of (other than following all the instructions provided by Howard and Ohlins) that you guys came across while installing?

Thanks, in advance!

E

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
2,339 Posts
Call Howard (If you bought them from him) He will sit on the phone with you and walk you through the whole thing if necessary.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Call Howard (If you bought them from him) He will sit on the phone with you and walk you through the whole thing if necessary.
^^ +1 ^^

I did use the spacers on mine (2012 RGU). I had no alignment issues.

·
The ICON
2,342 Posts
on my 2011 I did not need any spacers

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, followed the instructions with some help and explanation from Howard. The right side needed nothing, the left side needed two flat washers.

Install squared away. Now on to the adjustment stage!

E

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.