Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just run across a question about speakers for my 08 RG. Something was said about having speakers with the correct ohms for my bike. How do I know what ohms I need to have. I don't know what bike the speakers came off of. The radio that I have is a harley radio and as far as I know it is the one that would have came with the RG.
Thanks for any help.:confused:

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
1989-1997 stock Harley audio systems require external speakers with a minimum impedance rating of 4-ohms ,,,,,

1998-2005 stock Harley audio systems require external speakers with a minimum impedance rating of 8-ohms ,,,,,,,,,((2004-2005 special Screaming Eagle radio, 4-ohm minimum))

2006-2013 stock Harley audio systems require external speakers with a minimum impedance rating of 2-ohms ,,,,,

these are only MINIMUM values, as you can go as high as 16 ohms on any of them without issues ,,,,,

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys. I checked today and the speakers that I have are 2 ohm so I should be good to go there, now all I need is ti wire them. If I can't find a plug & play harness I will wire them in as h-donut explained.
Thanks again
hope that I can help you guys sometime.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts