Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed the Burst series air cleaner kit on my "12" Ultra. I have noticed a few different times that oil is dripping out of the bottom onto the cam cover . When I run my hands down at he bottom of the air filter there is a lot of oil and grime. I had the bike tuned with a new SERT after I installed the new air filter kit and the bike runs fine. What can be done to prevent this or control so it does not keep making a mess after I have cleaned.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Lower your oil level. Running mine just below mid mark. About 3 qt of oil. Oil check every month.
Run a search some one build a oil trap.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
+1^^^
I put in 3 1/2 qts of oil when doing a oil change which put the oil at the 1/2 way mark on the dipstick and I have no problems with oil in the air filter.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I am planning an oil change this week,,,I will try your suggestions

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
I installed the outlaw racing breather bolts from DK Customs and did away with the breather tubes. Bike runs better and no more oil in the air cleaner.

·
Registered
296 Posts
A Kotex lite days pad on the inside lower edge of the cover will absorb that excess blow-by, just replace it every now and then. I'm not a proponent of "less oil" in an engine that is basically cooled with oil flow. IMHO keep the oil level at full, don't over-fill it and deal with a little drip.

Ride Safe, have fun, repeat,
John

·
Registered
168 Posts
I installed a kit from DK Customs as well. Venting the oil thru a filter to the ground. Have yet to see an actual drip in my garage.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
If its an air filter that you spray to treat like a K&N, it will also drip oil if you've sprayed the filter to heavily. Also agree if the engine oil is overfull (at all) its coming out somewhere, usually through the air filter.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Trade that piece of Chinese made junk of a HD breather for an American made Performance Machine and it'll solve that blowing oil problem. AND you can run the oil on the full mark.
Least, that's what I did. :D

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Trade that piece of Chinese made junk of a HD breather for an American made Performance Machine and it'll solve that blowing oil problem. AND you can run the oil on the full mark.
Least, that's what I did. :D
Ok...gladly, find me someone to trade with

·
Registered
374 Posts
I had the same issue with the Ness Big Sucker on my 12 RGC, switched to the Vance & Hines naked VO2, bike runs stronger and absolutely no "blow by".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts