Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I can say is that this is damn disappointing! You'd think that after redesigning the breather valves, they would have fixed the issue. But no, they made it worse.

Oil carry over on a scooter with 2500 miles on it. Maybe 150 of those on the slab, the rest easy local miles.

I may not tear the heads down to fix it correctly, but you can bet your ass I'll prevent it from getting dumped into the intake.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
i pulled my ac a couple of weeks ago expecting the same, but it was clean.

do you spend a lot of time over 4K?

i've tried to keep my oil level low, too.

i'm sure you'll figure it out. keep us posted, eh?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i pulled my ac a couple of weeks ago expecting the same, but it was clean.

do you spend a lot of time over 4K?

i've tried to keep my oil level low, too.

i'm sure you'll figure it out. keep us posted, eh?
I run the oil a little off the full line, never top it off. This scooter may have spent 60 seconds over 4 grand, if that.

With what it takes to open the rocker boxes on a wet motor, I doubt I will do more than redirect it any time soon.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
With what it takes to open the rocker boxes on a wet motor, I doubt I will do more than redirect it any time soon.
i look at our engines as advanced for what they are, but primitive in a lot of respects. that's why i was surprised to see a clean air filter when i pulled mine off. both my stock evo and the 113 both had one way valves and/or catch cans and i was ready to do the dance on this M8, too. and yet again the aftermarket will come up with a fix of some sort.

funny thing is it doesn't really bother me when i'm out on the hiway and hear the drone of that V-twin.

your other post stated you were installing an oil pump. are you putting a cam to the test, too?

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i look at our engines as advanced for what they are, but primitive in a lot of respects. that's why i was surprised to see a clean air filter when i pulled mine off. both my stock evo and the 113 both had one way valves and/or catch cans and i was ready to do the dance on this M8, too. and yet again the aftermarket will come up with a fix of some sort.

funny thing is it doesn't really bother me when i'm out on the hiway and hear the drone of that V-twin.

your other post stated you were installing an oil pump. are you putting a cam to the test, too?
My air filter was still dry, these M8's have a little recess in the front of the suck hole that catches what drips out after you shut the motor down. But it still sucks a bunch down when its running, and we've all see what that lead to on the twin cams.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts