Road Glide banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S
4,480 Posts
Very common. Most likely it's just that there was too much oil put in during the last service. Most people like to put it all the way up to the full mark and some bikes will puke oil when this is done. Take out a half quart or so and it should be fine. I fill mine up to where it is only half way up between the low and full marks and it solved my issue. Any more and it will puke oil when I ride hard for any distance.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You may need to clean or replace your air filter element. A dirty filter can prevent crankcase ventilation fumes from going through your intake. They condense in your air cleaner and drip out, making a mess.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just experienced the same issue with my 2015 RGS after a long highway trip. Dealer check it out under warranty and said the air filter reached saturation point and started to drip. Shocked me because my 2003 Road King has the stage 1 SE upgrade and never collected the blow-by like a stock air cleaner. Seems to be pretty normal and if there is no loss of power, crazy noises, or major oil consumption it should be alright. I have read of guys running maxipads in their air cleaners to collect the blow-by and keep it from dripping.:eek: Think I will stick to wiping it down with bug slide! :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
is this a new Bike ? take it to dealer and have them look at it if its under warrenty, i had a 2012 Ultra that i put cams in and has stage 3 work done by dealer, that i had nothing but problems, the same problem your talking about, they did a pressure test to the heads and i had to have Top end rebuilt at 20,000 miles the i had same issue again oil all over the place, said same thing filled oil to high again did pressure Test and again this time had to rebuild now the Bottom end first Bike i really had issue with, traded that bike in for a 15 FLTRXS, no mor issues and already AT 22.000 MILES

·
Registered
734 Posts
If the oils level is correct it could just be blow back... I'll spare u the science crap, but it does happen, I just rerouted the exhaust from the head vents. So instead of blowing Unburned fuel and oil all over the filter element I have it running to the ground via some vacuum tube... Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Carburetor

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I don't know if anyone said this, but did you have the drain holes by the umbrella valves drilled out to 1/8" during the work? It actually sounds like the umbrella valves and the hole not being opened up. This will pretty much cure your problem.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Paesani241,
Do you have an aftermarket A/C onn your bike?

·
Registered
266 Posts
No one ever complains about this in the dead of winter. In the heat of the summertime it is very common. The reason being that the engine just runs hotter in the summer, especially when the ambient temperature is 85, 95 or around 100 degrees. As the oil in the crankcase heats up, it expands, especially if you are cruising at 70 mph. The oil has to go somewhere as it expands and the easiest avenue is out the air cleaner. Try letting the oil on the dipstick be about 5 dots from the top of the stick when it is sitting upright. Resist the temptation to keep adding fresh oil so it is at the first dot (top) of the dipstick.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Karlcin18,
Where did you get the replacement o-rings?

EODHOG,
I bought the bike about 3 months ago and the dealer said that the previous owner had stage 1 completed on it. There is a K&N air filter under the stock cover.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.