Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently placed a SE Air Cleaner on my 2011 FLTRX, I have oil spitting out and while riding it get all over my saddlebag. I had the same set up on my 07 Dyna and had no issues ever. Is there a fix? Does someone make a system to take care of this blowback oil issue, Thanks

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Just wondering what the oil level is cold on the RG. My 08 liked to run with the oil mid way on the stick. Any more and she would puke it out thru the breather.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I will ck it, Where do you run your on the stick cold
Mid way. That is about 3.5 quarts on a oil and filter change.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had one of the conical SE filters and had same problem. Took it back to dealer and he checked gaskets and tightened some of the screws by the back plate and no problem since

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Check your manual, full is half way of the dipstick when cold (both jiffy stand or upright). Any more will come out of the filter. You can siphon some out or let it burn off.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I agree with others, your either running to much oil or a gasket is bad. Shouldn't be spitting out oil.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
level

Roger checked level I am below halfway when cold, will ck bolts in am then gasket thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
This may sound silly but if you have the filter you oil up youself you may just have it over oiled? Wash it and just dust it with the spray oil. Or you may be getting some blow by, even with a new bike, no biggie it happens. Dohertymachine.com makes a power vent twin kit just for this purpos and it's trick looking too! hope this helps CSM11.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've had this problem on 2 bikes now. Best thought is too much oil. Drain the oil while it's hot. I'm going to start with 3 qts in my fltrx and go from there. I've heard synthetic expands more than conventional oil. It seems to push more out the hotter it gets.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Figured this out long ago on my '01 Ultra which called for 4qts of oil. Run it at 3-1/2 and you'll have no issues. The oil blow-by on teh twin cams has been around since the beginning, lots and lots of "fixes" out there, but the best and most effective fix is the easiest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts