Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I’d like to run an undermount oil cooler (probably a Jagg) on my 2009 Road Glide which has been lowered 1”.

Will I have ground clearance issues? Don’t want to do a side mount.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Can you clarify on what you mean by undermount vs side mount? If you're referring to mounting it behind the front wheel between the frame downtubes, at the lower part of the front of the engine, you'll have plenty of ground clearance. My 2015 is lowered and the factory cooller presents no clearance issues. If you're thinking under the bike somewhere, I think you'll be asking for issues. Not only ground clearance, but road debris. Sure, they're all susceptible to road debris, but when mounted in the factory location, it's somewhat shielded by the fender and wheel, but still able to get cooler airflow to it.
Lil Chief

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Sorry to be unclear, I meant the kind that mounts just below the regulator. Jagg calls it a Low Mount - I think it’s similar to the factory location.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Thanks. Sorry to be unclear, I meant the kind that mounts just below the regulator. Jagg calls it a Low Mount - I think it’s similar to the factory location.
You'll be good with that setup. As a matter of fact, my old bike, a 2002 FLHT, was lowered 2", and I put an oil cooler on it, in that exact spot. Never had an issue. The only issue I've had, is that I live on gravel, and one day before coming home it rained. The cooling fins got some muck in them, but it hosed off easily.

Lil Chief

1 - 5 of 5 Posts