Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The oil cooler adaptor on my 2011 RG Ultra is leaking. Seems to be a common issue. My question is do I use a sealant on both sides of the gasket ? The one from HD has a peel off side with some sort of sticky. It's a PITA to change so I thought some of the more experienced guys could point me in the right dirrection. Thanks

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
2 year unlimited milage warranty. Make the MoCo fix it on their dime.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
leak

2 year unlimited milage warranty. Make the MoCo fix it on their dime.
Yea I thought about that. I would rather do it myself for something like this. They would require a appointment & probably keep it a couple of days.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Yea I thought about that. I would rather do it myself for something like this. They would require a appointment & probably keep it a couple of days.
And if you take it apart and find that its something more then a basket or seal you hosed yourself.

·
Registered
479 Posts
And if you take it apart and find that its something more then a basket or seal you hosed yourself.[/QUOTe

Got it back together and no leaks.:D
I just had the same issue on mine..noticed it on a saturday night before leaving on a long trip on Tuesday so had to fix it myself.

Where did you come up with the 7/16 or 11mm allen head wrench? I ended up double nutting a cap screw with that head size and using a socket on the nuts.

My adaptor was slightly loose and I did not have access to any gaskets. I got about a 1/8 -3/16 of a turn on it and it stopped leaking.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just had the same issue on mine..noticed it on a saturday night before leaving on a long trip on Tuesday so had to fix it myself.

Where did you come up with the 7/16 or 11mm allen head wrench? I ended up double nutting a cap screw with that head size and using a socket on the nuts.

My adaptor was slightly loose and I did not have access to any gaskets. I got about a 1/8 -3/16 of a turn on it and it stopped leaking.
My neighbor works on big trucks & he had one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts