Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it happened again lost another air cleaner to oil again third time this season forth time total sense last fall. This time I was 500 miles from home and 550 from the dealer that looked at it 2 times and couldn't find anything wrong with it. I went North for the weekend, had about 500 or so miles on a brand new air cleaner and it sucked up a bunch again.
Went to Northwoods HD in Arbor Vitae, Wi to get a new filter to get me home and asked if they would install it (no tools) they said np and brought it in. Took a look and said needed to be looked at went in about 11 ish on Saturday by 4 they had installed new umbrella valve, fixed the leaky rocker boxes and install a new rear rotor total cost 111.00. Thanks Barb! This is what it looked like in early July
Don't think I will go back to the other shop anymore this is not the first time I had to go over 500 miles and have something fixed that they couldn't find..

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
It's pumping that much oil, plus it has a leaky valve cover gasket??

Me thinks there's a drain-back issue somewhere that's causing the valve covers/top of the heads to become flooded with with oil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts