Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'09 Road Glide After overfilling the crank case, I experienced excess oil spatter from the breather. I have since corrected the oil level, but the check engine light comes on occasionally. Usually after sever miles and it seems like only when I come to a stop. Engine seems to run rough and lacks power when it comes on. Unfortunately I have a trip planned in a week and the harley service dept locally can't schedule in time. Any Ideas?
HELP please.
Tom

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Doc. How do I find these codes and what is the retrival .pdf? Sorry for my ignorance, I'm new to HD's. I have the Service Manual but don't see anything on this.

·
Registered
505 Posts
You didn't indicate what type of oil you used but its possible that you might have gotten some oil on the O2 sensors and it didn't burn off and that might have thrown a code. You might pull them out and look at them and see if that are oil coated or even stained. It usually only happens when you are running Synthetics when this might happen because it doesn't burn off like regular Dino oil does when it enters into your combustion chamber or maybe depending on how much it was overfilled it could have been sucked up into a oil galley......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. I'm using conventional oil and it was overfilled at least 1/2 qt. I noticed this morning it does still spit some oil into the air cleaner. I'll check an O2 senser, but I think it may be related to the oil spitting into the air cleaner and restricting air flow, maybe??? Would this cause a "check engine" light / code? How do I get the oil to stop entering the air cleaner?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts