Road Glide banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
i want to put a oil temp.& pressure guage on my 2015 rgs. need help& ideas. thanks.:):)
Most folks say after they install an oil temp. Guage , it just drives them crazy. What pressure are you wanting to measure ? Your Special should have coil over shocks.

Reactions: AnCap

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S
4,476 Posts
oil pressure & temperature guages on 2015 rgs

Don't waste your money on either. It will just make you paranoid about nothing. Especially when they are not working properly and make you think something is wrong when your miles away from home. Think about it, people ride Road Kings and all sorts of Harley's without these gauges all the time and they do just fine.

·
Registered
277 Posts
+2 my softail had 0 gauge just idiot lights and 0 wories ;-)

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
Since the infotainment system give you the oil pressure reading I wouldn't worry about a oil PSI gauge. Oil PSI is good to monitor because it will tell you if your engine is having a issue and it is more dependable then a idiot light.
It may be a little more difficult mounting a oil temp gauge on the 2015 RG since you have limited options on where you can put it. I always run a oil temp gauge and I like it because it will tell you if your engine is running properly and if you are overheating to the point where there may be engine damage. Once you get over being paranoid over engine temps the oil temp gauge is a good tool.

·
Registered
329 Posts
What should the oil pressure be at idle after a thorough warm up, riding a bit, then waiting at the stop light? What pressure do folks see abetween 65 and 85mph?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.