Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No oil pressure showing on gauge, I do have oil pressure though. Just installed Dakota digitals, set it for correct sensor too. Called them.... no help.
I took off the fairing again and checked everything then installed the oem gauge and still nothing.
Thought maybe bad sending unit, bought that installed and no go! Anything else to check I dont know about?

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
How are you sure you have oil pressure?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bikes running! Lol!!!
Well yes it is running and it runs fine 200 -230 around town today.
It runs the same sounds the same no issues there so I'm assuming I have oil pressure . Since I replaced the sender thought maybe i was missing something.I'm guessing some sort of wiring issue just thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
505 Posts
If the oil pressure light is not coming on, the problem has to be with the Dakota gauge. Install the stock gauge back in and see if it shows pressure.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wow.

I guess you should check continuity from the sending unit to the gauge. No power. Disconnected both ends. If it's zero ohms try and figure out where the circuit gets ground. It would be the engine on that end. Separate wire on the other end, inside all that plastic, going to a ground somewhere.

Good Luck

Edy39 - He DID cross check it with the oem gauge... No joy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it seems if you switch the connectors it works fine. I had the volt gauge connected to the oil pressure . Numbnuts I guess.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
For you folks who don't do this type of work for a living I have one tip .... Label your parts and wiring when removing .;)

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Well it seems if you switch the connectors it works fine. I had the volt gauge connected to the oil pressure . Numbnuts I guess.
At least your man enough to admit when you made a mistake. Then post it up here for us to point and laugh ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts