Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
You already have the oil pressure guage.
Everything you need for installing the oil temp guage will be in the oil temp guage kit.

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
You already have the oil pressure guage.
Everything you need for installing the oil temp guage will be in the oil temp guage kit.
+1. The HD kit comes with everything you need. If i can make a suggestion though, wait til you need to change the motor oil cuz you have to pull a plug out of the oil pan to install the temp sending unit and you'll lose all your oil

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
What gauge is that?

·
Registered
186 Posts
That looks great! Thanks for putting the pics up.

I have a chrome pressure gauge that goes on the rocker boxes. I took it off the Deuce before I sold it. It saved my ass when I bent the crank and broke the oil pump (hence the 103" crank that followed). I guess I should install it on the RG, but I'm worried it will rub my leg on long rides.

Did you pull the electric pressure gauge out? If not, how accurate is it compared to the new one?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
+1. The HD kit comes with everything you need. If i can make a suggestion though, wait til you need to change the motor oil cuz you have to pull a plug out of the oil pan to install the temp sending unit and you'll lose all your oil
No you won't. Have everything ready. Pull out the plug then screw in the sending unit. Loose a little oil. If your close to an oil change then I'd wait.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
anyone put a oil temp.& pressure guage on thier 2015 rgs???
I believe HD sells a stand alone oil temp gauge for the 15 RGS. On the 15 RGS, it does have the PSI, which can be seen by pressing the right turn signal button. Press the same button towards the front of the bike, the button is like a rocker type(but will return to center after being pressed). Getting to the info screen will show the PSI, air temp and a couple of other things. Looking at the right turn signal button, the back part shows an arrow for the turn signal, the front part shows an "i" for information. When you look at the button, you will see what I am talking about or check out page 61, Figure 11 in the owners manual. Hope this makes sense

1 - 16 of 16 Posts