Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did I do for my daughter's 16th birthday gift?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just look at her face, that should tell you how you did. My first bike wasn't a Harley but hey, we all gotta' start somewhere. Ya done good.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Nothing wrong with that bike, they are light weight, easy to maintain, reliable, and fairly cheap to get replacement parts. Good choice for a first ride.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Nothing wrong with that bike, they are light weight, easy to maintain, reliable, and fairly cheap to get replacement parts. Good choice for a first ride.
Ha Ha Ha,,, my dad had one of those for a beach cruiser for a while... Good starter bike. I see an 883 in your future.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Ya done good dad

Nothing wrong with getting her started on that ride. Good bike to learn on, and judging from the look on her face, she is OK with your choice... Sorry didn't think my first post worked... :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok I know

He everyone has to start somewhere and a RG is a bit big for the first street bike...she can move up the ladder AFTER she gets some experience....

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
So, how are you going to mount the bottom mounts for the Shark Nose to the frame?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks all! Yes, I think it'll be fun to see her learn on this. She's got a whole lotta miles riding behind me, so hopfeully that'll help. She even did an IBA SaddleSore 1000 on the back of my Goldwing when she was 9... probably not the youngest Iron Butt, but gotta be close!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Great bike to learn on! I recently had both my wife and son attend a Riders Edge course through Harley that a friend of mine teaches. It was a great course for them, I recommend it!! After the course the wife took the test and got her motorcycle license. I picked her up a used Buell Blast a couple weeks ago and yesterday we did about a 40 mile trip though the mountains. She did great, but I admit I spent as much time watching her in my mirror as I did watching the road in front of me. She did great and felt good about her accomplishment. I was very proud of her and glad that I pushed the Riders Edge course.
The son is next to get two wheels under him…
I strongly recommend the Rider Edge Course or any approved Motorcycle Safety Course for new riders.
I did not take the basic riders course until after I had been riding for over 15 years on the street and 23 plus years in the dirt, yet I still learned something…. J

F

·
0 Posts
Nice!

My daughter, her bike i got her for graduation, and I just got back from a 1600 mile trip around the great lakes. While I was in constant watch, especially over the Mackinac bridge, she was beaming from ear to ear!

Good job Dad

·
Registered
290 Posts
Nice!

My daughter, her bike i got her for graduation, and I just got back from a 1600 mile trip around the great lakes. While I was in constant watch, especially over the Mackinac bridge, she was beaming from ear to ear!

Good job Dad
NICE!! I told you she would do fine!! See you next week!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts