Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, this will hopefully be a quickly answered question....

What is the largest size ape hangars I can run on a 2009 RG with the stock wires, brake line, and cables?

Multiple people say up to 15", but they own the 2010 models...I am hearing otherwise from others.

What I would really find helpful is if you personally own a 2009 and have already done apes on yours....that would be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I thought there was a thread here with that information, but I have not been able to find it in a search. I tend to remember "The Infamous Sharknose" aka "FunkyNova" having placed the information on the site. Funky has an 09 RG which he changed bars on several times.

maybe someone else remembers this information.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, I remember seeing a few posts myself...

BUT usually for the 2010. Lots of guys have the FLTRX around here and I want to be sure.

There must be some ape hangered 09s owned by a few of us on here! Help a guy out!:cool:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Might try this one

You might try this thread. It is the one with FunkyNova. I don't know if this will help, but I tried! :)

Handlebars that don't require new cables

It is in the Controls & handlebars section.

David

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Neano will surley chime in,.. I'm pretty sure his is an 09'.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! 1Bigguy and dw- I found that post you told me about on like pg 4 or so...very informative! It says 10" is max, but I was hoping chainsaw was right about 15...:confused::(

Those Paughco 11" look good, but I REALLY like the look of the 13-14" range...the 10"s look very good when they are the fancier (re:$$$$) types!!!

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Thanks guys! 1Bigguy and dw- I found that post you told me about on like pg 4 or so...very informative! It says 10" is max, but I was hoping chainsaw was right about 15...:confused::(

Those Paughco 11" look good, but I REALLY like the look of the 13-14" range...the 10"s look very good when they are the fancier (re:$$$$) types!!!
Wish I could tell ya about the 09's, but I just don't know. All I can tell you is 10" to 12" is max on the 07's, and 15" is max on the 2010's. To me, I wouldn't think that there would be any difference but I guess there is. I will add,.. its not the wires that will make it short,.. its the clutch cable and brake line. So if worse comes to worse,.. all you need to buy is 1 cable and 1 brake line. There is so much wiring under your fairing that you could have some huge apes and have plenty of wires.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Wish I could tell ya about the 09's, but I just don't know. All I can tell you is 10" to 12" is max on the 07's, and 15" is max on the 2010's. To me, I wouldn't think that there would be any difference but I guess there is. I will add,.. its not the wires that will make it short,.. its the clutch cable and brake line. So if worse comes to worse,.. all you need to buy is 1 cable and 1 brake line. There is so much wiring under your fairing that you could have some huge apes and have plenty of wires.
Chainsaw is the reason my bikes got Apes on it! He is the MASTER when it comes to knowing how HIGH you can get,...LOL when it comes to Ape Hangers. No offense dude! LOL. But I would venture to say ya couldnt go no higher than a 12". Cause of your brake,and clutch cables. You could probably go 20" w/all the wire in the fairing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts