• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update: 4/18/2012

What started out as a simple day meet 'n greet has morphed into a weekend meet in Eureka Springs AR. The date is Sat., 5/19 - 5/20 (although some of us are coming on Fri. the 18th.) Our main rally point is the Rider's Rest Motel http://www.ridersrestmotel.com/ (4092 E. Van Buren Eureka Springs, AR)

The motel is certainly full by now but there are others nearby. The Country Mountain Inn had availability a few days ago and is right next door.

The where and when: For those planning to arrive in the morning, we have a preliminary 11:00 A.M. meet time on Saturday at Pig Trail HD in Eureka Springs (2047 E. Van Buren • Eureka Springs, AR 72632), and an official meet time at 2:00 PM at Rider's Rest which is check-in time. That'll give those who are further out a better chance to hook up. For anyone who needs it, send me a PM and I'll supply my phone number.

You can read the entire thread if you wish (which starts below), or cut to the chase and read the later pages.

A couple of us have been discussing an Oklahoma meet and greet once the weather warms up a little. (March/April can be a crap shoot weather-wise so we're thinking possibly May.) Everything is still up in the air at this point as far as where and when but thought we might as well start a discussion about it now and open it up for suggestions.

We can keep it more centralized and hook up at Pops (maybe do a little ride up to Mt. Scott in the Wichita mountain range), or maybe even meet in Tulsa at one of the dealers (Myers or Route66), where better riding is closer at hand. But while riding is important, the real purpose of this ... is to gather as many Sharks as possible.

I know there are several members in the OCK area as well as Tulsa and several others are scattered around the state. Of course this isn't limited to Okie riders - those of you in Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Texas... wherever are welcome as well.

Let's hear your suggestions! :cool:

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Keep this thread posted. I'm doing Daytona and Key West in March, then Shark Week in July. If the dates fit, riding north to meet you guys would be fun.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Good job HD! Now if we can get a place and date set up. Surely one of these nice guys has a place to have a get together for a bunch of fellow Shark Rider!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I know i am just one person out of the oklahoma riders. As it sits right now I am only open on sundays b/c of working mon - sat (no employees and have not been able to find an honest one) Hopefully by the time of the greet and meet hopefully i will have an employee so i can finally have more with the lady friend **Cough Cough** riding time **Cough Cough** Riding time

·
Shark of the Quarter Apr-Jun13
1,053 Posts
I am in, this will be great. I am down for any ride however since you asked for suggestions here I go..... We could meet up at Rt 66 Hd in Tulsa (Myers has crazy construction right now). We could jump on 412 north to hwy 69 and head to Pryor. Take 69 to hwy 20 North to Spavinaw National Forrest (great ride curves etc). Then proceed on hwy 20 to hwy 10 south. We could take hwy 10 south to Tahlequah (pretty ride by the river and plenty of places to eat and grab refreshments if the mood strikes). Once in Tahlequah we can take the long way home via hwy 82 or jump on a turnpike if pressed for time. Again I am up for anything but thought I would kick off the suggestions.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Excellent! Thanks for the interest/input guys!

Shrug-
It'd be great if you could make it, man! I don't think there'll be a conflict with your trips. It'll definitely be after March and I'm doing Shark Week (and Sturgis), so as far as that goes you should be golden. Maybe even hook up with some of the Southern folks on the way and ride in.

cwdouble-
It'll be hard to make it work out perfectly for everyone of course but I don't see why a Sunday meet couldn't work. Works for me anyway. (I'm honest though ... how much does your gig pay?) ;)

JayKS-
Awesome! I think fitter_rob is in your neck of the woods - might have to put a bug in his ear. lol

Cmathias-
Thanks for the suggestion - sounds great to me! I haven't ridden much in that area so I'd be up for it. (curves in OK - who knew? lol) And I agree, Myers is a pain right now with all the construction - Route 66 is much easier to get to.

Lets keep the discussion going ... thoughts on the above suggestion?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Im in. I work/on call every other weekend is my only hang up.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The ride Cmathias has mentioned is a good ride, I've done it a 3 or 4 times. I'm in for the Meet & Greet but probably won't do the group ride so whatever you guys decide will be good with me. I just want to meet some of you guys and check out your rides!

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
If its more out west I'd try to make it. Riding to Tulsa just plain sucks, so you okies can count me out if its there :p

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A group ride is definitely optional, and to me, absolutely secondary to simply meeting up with everyone. I'm like you Dandy1 ... I mostly want to check out other bikes and meet you guys. But I'm not entirely opposed to a second meeting spot and having a cold one after a nice ride either. ;)

Chain, doesn't riding to ANYWHERE from your neck of the woods pretty much suck? :p

·
Shark of the Quarter Apr-Jun13
1,053 Posts
The ride Cmathias has mentioned is a good ride, I've done it a 3 or 4 times. I'm in for the Meet & Greet but probably won't do the group ride so whatever you guys decide will be good with me. I just want to meet some of you guys and check out your rides!
Dandy1 how do you like the SE Cam? I am toying around with the idea but not sure. Did it cancel out your warranty? Last but not least who did the work for you? I really appreciate the info...

·
Registered
818 Posts
Count me in Phil. Sounds good as long as the sharks don't devour the wife's bat wing. I dont think she would let me go without her and she doesn't trust my riding skills enough to ride 2 up. lol!

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Chain, doesn't riding to ANYWHERE from your neck of the woods pretty much suck? :p
Yes it does, but if I ride 6 or 7 hours I like to see mountains,.. not more flat shit :)
Maybe you guys could all ride over to Woodward to check out Covingtons. For people who haven't seen his shop its a pretty cool experience. Maybe jedi could hook us up with a tour since he worked there for a bit.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I am in, this will be great. I am down for any ride however since you asked for suggestions here I go..... We could meet up at Rt 66 Hd in Tulsa (Myers has crazy construction right now). We could jump on 412 north to hwy 69 and head to Pryor. Take 69 to hwy 20 North to Spavinaw National Forrest (great ride curves etc). Then proceed on hwy 20 to hwy 10 south. We could take hwy 10 south to Tahlequah (pretty ride by the river and plenty of places to eat and grab refreshments if the mood strikes). Once in Tahlequah we can take the long way home via hwy 82 or jump on a turnpike if pressed for time. Again I am up for anything but thought I would kick off the suggestions.
Tahlequah is my old stomping ground. I was in Pryor at the America Legion on my RG back in Sept. Hwy 10 along the river is a good run when the river floaters are not around. There is some good riding around Tenkiller lake as well. I would be down for a ride in Oklahoma. :D

1 - 20 of 287 Posts