Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 RG, I am running the stock head unit and it appears someone upgraded the speakers to J&M, I was curious if there was an amp I could run that would be compatible with the J&M 8Ohm speakers and the stock head unit? I am planning on adding tour pack speakers and am likely going to need the juice.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
????????????

Nothing? no help? JMJohn? anyone????

·
Registered
967 Posts
If planing adding rear speakers and amp upgrade your front speakers at the same time matching speakers and amp ohms will be better option and sound quality than looking for 8 ohm set up. Will go for 2 or 4 ohms system. Though 2006 earlier HD systems were 4 ohms.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 2002 is 8ohm from what I understand. I could be wrong (which is not unlikely) I hate to upgrade the fronts when they are already upgraded and work just fine. I cannot dump a grand in the stereo with all the other things I am doing.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Those J&M are fine for pit parties, will never get much bass in the wind though, amped or not off stock head..search some threads for less expensive alternatives if going full system

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
reds4 ,,,,,,,

and you think you can slide that kind of a snide remark by us here ?!??! ,,,,, LOL ,,,,,

the J&M speakers and amps are THE best sound and performance available regardless of highway speed ,,,,,,

scayne62 ,,,,,,

I can certainly adjust our amps to compensate for your 8-ohm J&M speakers, but you will get better performance out of them but switching to 2-ohm speakers ,,,,,,

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks John,
I will give you a call and see what we can work out. I think the J&M speakers sound wonderful unamped on the highway I just have the concern of power when adding in the TP speakers. I realize upping the whole system is the best option but it may not be in the budget so I have to work with what I got or just deal with it.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Those J&M are fine for pit parties, will never get much bass in the wind though, amped or not off stock head..search some threads for less expensive alternatives if going full system
The fix for that is preamp outs in HK. Even with dedicated subs, the bass is going to be dispersed in the windstream at speed. That's just the nature of the frequencies.

The head unit in my '05 SEEG sounds great (don't know if it has a factory amp?) of course it has J&M speakers! I'm going to leave it stock until it pukes and I run out of ESP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts