Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a little reading on this because I am looking to upgrade this spring.

Am I correct in saying the new 114 is about 1 horsepower more than the old tried and true screaming eagle 110.
I am talking about this comparison in stock form.

I think the 114 has about 11 more ft.lbs. of torque.

If this is true then this is sad. I hope someone that knows a lot more about this will correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for looking and any information.

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
I have done a little reading on this because I am looking to upgrade this spring.

Am I correct in saying the new 114 is about 1 horsepower more than the old tried and true screaming eagle 110.
I am talking about this comparison in stock form.

I think the 114 has about 11 more ft.lbs. of torque.

If this is true then this is sad. I hope someone that knows a lot more about this will correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for looking and any information.
Can't help with the numbers game but I'm going to assume you're correct on the increase. Would make sense with just the displacement alone.

Now about that "tried and true 110". I'm on my second one. I like it. Both of them ate lifters around 30k miles. I keep ESP on them and it pays for itself. I would refer to it as "tIREd and true". lol

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
The 114 is smoother and makes its power at lower rpms. But both run on the same emissions standard, so will make very similar power.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Now about that "tried and true 110". I'm on my second one. I like it. Both of them ate lifters around 30k miles. I keep ESP on them and it pays for itself. I would refer to it as "tIREd and true". lol[/quote]

Been shopping them myself. Are you looking at a 107" to 114" upgrade, or a 2019 FLTRXS with a 114" that is stock? The big bore kit takes your compression from 10:1 to 11:1. The 2019 special has 0.125" (1/8") more stroke and less compression (10.5:1). The stock 114 is a pretty smooth power delivery with torque available early, but power runs out pretty fast (before 5k). Seen a lot of places (established builders...Fuel Moto, Zippers, Hillside in NY, T-man, Dave Mackie, Bennett's Performance to name a few) you can do way better if you are willing to step outside of what HD offers and are willing to sacrifice your warranty to find real power.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Now about that "tried and true 110". I'm on my second one. I like it. Both of them ate lifters around 30k miles. I keep ESP on them and it pays for itself. I would refer to it as "tIREd and true". lol
M8 114 is the way to go. You can get it on the FLTRU or the FLTRXS in 2019. It has a longer stroke than the 107 and a different cam profile. I am going big bore so it will make mine a 128” instead of the 124” for the S & S kit. I had a 2017 Road King special before so I can personally attest to a noticeable difference in the 107 and 114. Plus my Rinehart exhaust sounds meaner on the 114”. Good luck on your choice!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I’ve had 88’s 96’s 103’s and a 110SE. The new m8 114 is just plane awesome in my opinion. It’s smooth and powerful. Don’t forget upgrading to a stage 4 will blow away the others and still maintain manufacture’s warranty.

Sumping, who cares get the extended warranty and in 5 years you’ll know if you have a problem. I really think the problem doesn’t exist anymore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts