Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone remember how to convert the older style headlights to the newer style so I don't have to take the fairing off to change headlights? I took the fairing off the other day to remove the inner for paint but I noticed my headlights were bouncing around In the outer fairing. Come to find out the bezel that holds the light adjustment screws are broken. I got one of those on order but figured while I'm in there I'd do this conversion.

·
Registered
941 Posts
The only way that I know to change to the newer naked look is to remove the fairing.

A - The HD dealership will sell you a kit comprised of the new bezel, a plastic part that goes on below the bezel, and new adjustment bolts.

B - Or, I merely purchase the new bezel and adjusted the existing bolts so that the bezel fit over the headlights and still snap onto the front fairing.

The front fairing is easy to mount if the headlights and bezel are installed after the fairing is screwed on. The last time I had my fairing off I purchased a new set of well nuts off eBay.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Does anyone remember how to convert the older style headlights to the newer style so I don't have to take the fairing off to change headlights? I took the fairing off the other day to remove the inner for paint but I noticed my headlights were bouncing around In the outer fairing. Come to find out the bezel that holds the light adjustment screws are broken. I got one of those on order but figured while I'm in there I'd do this conversion.
Here you go, rlaf: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj5hiK2xyhI

1 - 7 of 7 Posts