Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like its warm enough for me (I rode home in sunday nights snow) so I'm putting together a dinner ride to the Parkers Smokehouse. If you dont know or never been by there, its at the intersection where exit 420/hwy 63(from I80) takes you north to meet hwy 6.

I have a less than direct route to get there, so we will have scenery(watch out for turkeys lol) before the menu. Lets meet at the BP station on the south side of 80 at the 440 exit/hwy 50/144th st @ 6pm Tuesday the 16th of this month.I want kickstands up by 630. My route should get us to Parkers by 715-730.

I know thats two weeks away but i'm taking day trip north along the loess hills trail next tuesday, possibly stay overnight. If anyone is interested in tagging along, please pm me as I will most likely hit Le Mars for a blue bunny tour :D

Back on target. If the weather doesnt hold we will reschedule to the next night, Wednesday the 17. Same time, place, yadda yadda. I'm only suggesting a reschedule due to weather because I know that while i'm willing to ride in any weather, not everyone feels the same way. If however the consesus says rain gear or bust than damn the torpedos and full brisket ahead!!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have a conflict with Tuesdays but would be all in if you moved it to Wednesday, weather permitting. Just as a suggestion, Herron Bay might be another option. The return from Parker's is going to be in the dark based on your schedule and is a longer return back to the city than is Herron Bay. I'm certainly not trying to hijack the plan.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'd like to be able to join you on this ride, but it won't happen. I grew up in Omaha, graduated from North High in '71, and then went overseas to southeast asia. I ended up staying in the USAF for 21 years and moving to Mass. with the now ex-wife. Made a trip back to Omaha in 2011 for my 40 year high school reunion; the first time I had been back since I left. I was shocked at how old all my former classmates had gotten. LOL Enjoy your ride, I miss the flat lands.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately 3-4 people would not be able to attend if I move it to Wednesday. In the future I have given Wednesday a thought and I doubt this will be the only ride of the year.

I'll think about heron for a future ride too. Been there plenty of times, always for a liquid diet though lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
To all you Omaha are folks, I wanted to ask if the Duliner Pub was still in business? I was stationed at Offutt back in 83-84, and drank A LOT of beer in that place! Great bar and great people. There was also an Italian eatery within staggering distance of the DP, but I can't remember its name. They had excellent spaghetti with white clam sauce. Folks in Omaha, and NE in general, were some of the nicest people that I've ever met in my travels. Hope you guys have a great dinner ride!

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts