Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out I'm going on a temporary m-f/s shift for the month of October so I thought it would be nice to put together a "end of season" Meet n Greet. I'm looking at potentially the 28th of this month. Its a Saturday. Cnidog expressed some interest in taking the loess hills up to beebee town. I also like going south thru hamburg and into Missouri.

I'm 90% positive I don't work that day but I'll find out for sure closer to the end of the week. If possible may push it into October by a weekend or so. I don't personally mind riding in cooler to cold weather, anyone else's thoughts?

I'm hoping for a good turn out here, we have a lot of people in the area and surrounding states that I would like to see.

Plan on meeting in the morning, around say 9 with KSU at 930am. This will give us plenty of time to meet and then ride for lunch.

Sent from the roadglide.org Monarch's phone

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ray, I'm there, except I don't know what KSU is. Had a good run down to Outlaw Cigar with cnidog this weekend. In Arkansas now for Blues Bikers and BBQ looking forward to the meet and great in Eureka Springs Friday.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Oh , kick stands up! Call a spot to meetup.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Ray, I'm there, except I don't know what KSU is. Had a good run down to Outlaw Cigar with cnidog this weekend. In Arkansas now for Blues Bikers and BBQ looking forward to the meet and great in Eureka Springs Friday.
Fahred, how awesome is The Outlaw? I must have just missed you guys. Was there last Sat from like 1:00 to 3:00. Did you pick up a WTF or one of their Gunslingers? Just smoked the Unforgiven tonight. Pretty nice stick. Sorta like a My Father La Duena. Less pepper / more cinnamon.

I'd love to roll up for the meet n greet. Any chance of making it just a little later so I (We...Quickie might roll along) don't have to leave at o'deer thirty?

·
Registered
385 Posts
oh yeah another stick smoker.....

Fahred, how awesome is The Outlaw? I must have just missed you guys. Was there last Sat from like 1:00 to 3:00. Did you pick up a WTF or one of their Gunslingers? Just smoked the Unforgiven tonight. Pretty nice stick. Sorta like a My Father La Duena. Less pepper / more cinnamon.

I'd love to roll up for the meet n greet. Any chance of making it just a little later so I (We...Quickie might roll along) don't have to leave at o'deer thirty?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Bottle, how much later in the day do you need, a hour or?

Let me double check with Quickie to make sure he wants/can go. If not, I can mosey up Fri and stay over night to meet you guys early. Otherwise, I don't like leaving earlier than 5:30 due to all the deer this time of year. That would put us up there sometime between 10:00 and 11:00 depending where we're meeting up.

I'll let you know for sure tonight after I've talked with Quick. Sound fair?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Ok, just texted Quick. He's in. He's also checking w/Jim540 and BigJack to see if they're interested. Would it be too late for you all if we met up around 11:00?

·
Registered
316 Posts

Bottle Cap, I was at Outlaw Overland Park from about 2:00 to 6:00. I was in the poker room sitting at the main table until the tourney started. I got knocked out in 13th place where a pair of aces beat my kings in the hole. Good time though. I only bought the La Flor Dominicas this weekend since they were on special. I have had the Gunslinger and you're right, it's a lot like the La Duenas I love to smoke. When you come up for the meet and greet, I'll have something for you. Just got back from Fayetteville for Blues Bikers and BBQ. It was awesome! Bikes crawling all over the place. And if anybody has any doubts, Road Glides are definitely no longer a secret. We were all over the place.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Bottle Cap, I was at Outlaw Overland Park from about 2:00 to 6:00. I was in the poker room sitting at the main table until the tourney started. I got knocked out in 13th place where a pair of aces beat my kings in the hole. Good time though. I only bought the La Flor Dominicas this weekend since they were on special. I have had the Gunslinger and you're right, it's a lot like the La Duenas I love to smoke. When you come up for the meet and greet, I'll have something for you. Just got back from Fayetteville for Blues Bikers and BBQ. It was awesome! Bikes crawling all over the place. And if anybody has any doubts, Road Glides are definitely no longer a secret. We were all over the place.
Man, can't believe I didn't see your guys' scoots in the parking lot. I was parked right up front with all the other bikes, but didn't see one RG. Can definitely understand not seeing you guys in the place, though. It was packed!!! I'll swing by one day after work and pick up some of their brands to bring up for you guys.

Oh, and I wish I'd taken advantage of the La Flor specials. I picked up a few, but dropped a ton on an assortment of others. It was my first time there and I went silly from the smorgasbord of lovelies. :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, just texted Quick. He's in. He's also checking w/Jim540 and BigJack to see if they're interested. Would it be too late for you all if we met up around 11:00?
If you guys are coming up then we can push it back till 11 if you guys are coming up.

Let's for sure make it the 28th, Saturday. I'll come up with a good meet point.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Quick and I are for sure gonna make it. Waiting to hear from Jim and Jack if they're in or not. Thanks for sliding the time out and looking forward to seeing you guys again.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quick and I are for sure gonna make it. Waiting to hear from Jim and Jack if they're in or not. Thanks for sliding the time out and looking forward to seeing you guys again.
Glad you and qkstroke are coming!

Tell jack that if I can ride 950+m in one day just for RGs and BBQ, he can get the sand out of his vagina and ride the 180m up here. :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well since were waiting for you boys from the south to show up, we might as well have something to eat. So this Saturday the 28th we will meet up at 11am down in old towne Bellevue.

Swine Dining
204 E Mission Ave,
Bellevue, Ne 68005

If you guys coming from the south take the exit on I-29 for Bellevue, its a toll bridge and itll cost you a whole... 50 pennies!!! Ohhh the horror :eek: It also saves you about 10-15 minutes. Parking for the place is in the back so just come down the side street.

After lunch I'm thinking about riding north through the Loess Hills, possibly up to Smalls Fruit Farm or beyond.

I look forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts