Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about KST's Straight Jacket bars for my RGS. Anyone have or had KST brand bars, what did you think of the quality and customer service?
Thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
I got a set of 14" Outlaws for my '16 in gloss black. Very pleased with them.

Great customer service, they did a custom bend on the pull back.

Quality seems good, nice finish. The only negative thing I can say, and it's not a big deal. The punch out opening edges are kind of sharp. Be careful you don't cut a wire when pulling everything through.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
KST is about 20 miles from where I live, so I bought my first pair back before they were well known. At that time, I went in to their factory before they used to do installs etc, and told them what I wanted. They made a one-up set to my specifications. I believe they will still do this. The bars looked great and customer service was excellent.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am thinking about KST's Straight Jacket bars for my RGS. Anyone have or had KST brand bars, what did you think of the quality and customer service?
Thanks
I installed 12 inch outlaws yesterday. Quality seems good, nice polish, edge of holes seems pretty sharp.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All, thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Have the outlaws...getting ready to go up in size and will stick with KST bars.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have the 12" KST Renegades on my 2018 RGS and love them.

I admit the local HD store installed them as part of the deal for buying the bike, however they do stock them so cant be a bad product.

The Renegades look just like the 'Factory 47's that everyone is buying but half the cost :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
What pull back adjustments did you have them make? I am thinking hard about buying KST outlaws for my 15 RG, I'm just not sure what size, I have seen on another thread that the pull back was a slight issue. I have never rode with apes before so I have no clue what to expect, or what may or may not work. I'm 6'3 so trying to decide between 12" or 14" I also plan on putting a seat on most likely next year which would push be back a couple of inches. My main concern with increased pull back would be wrist angle and comfort.

I'm just a newbie looking for as much info as i can soak up before making a purchase, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
161 Posts
What pull back adjustments did you have them make? I am thinking hard about buying KST outlaws for my 15 RG, I'm just not sure what size, I have seen on another thread that the pull back was a slight issue. I have never rode with apes before so I have no clue what to expect, or what may or may not work. I'm 6'3 so trying to decide between 12" or 14" I also plan on putting a seat on most likely next year which would push be back a couple of inches. My main concern with increased pull back would be wrist angle and comfort.

I'm just a newbie looking for as much info as i can soak up before making a purchase, thanks in advance!
I'd call their office. I did the other day and Brett answered. Real nice guy n took time to explain his operation to me. He let it slip that they're working on 1.5" diameter bars, but they're engineering some work throughs at the clutch and break reservoir s. Said might have those ready to produce around May to June. Point is, call the dude and tell him what you're after. Once I get back in town, I'm calling him on a 14" Renegade and ask about the pull back for my aching back n shoulders...see what he suggests or if he'll one-off a 14 Renegade with a pull back that works for me. Worst thing that happens is he says it can't be done. HTH

1 - 13 of 13 Posts