Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Not me or anyone that I personally know of. The same Rushmore radios are used on the both the Street Glides and the Road Glides, so there's a lot of them out there and I ride with a bunch of people on Rushmore touring bikes with the 4.3 or 6.5

Guess first step is to pull the fairing and ensure that the main harness plug hasn't worked itself loose or have any corroded connections. Then the fuses.

When you say "goes off" do you mean the screen goes blank or you appear to lose all power?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The radio just quits playing, I have the 6.5 and no CB. The screen stays on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Do you use bluetooth? Someone had a issue last year that their phone was connected with bluetooth for phone calls and the radio didn't like it. I think he plugged it in to the USB to fix. Or maybe it was the other way around? Something to look into anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I hardly use it at all. I just turned it on yesterday and the radio was messing up so I turned it back off. I had my scoot in for the clutch recall in late oct or Nov and they said they did the update on the Boom system. I dont know if that was the Maps or what. I have to go back to the dealership in a day ir two but I feel more comfortable having some info beforehand in case they want me to bend over. I bought the bike used with 3k on it last year and I didn't get the manual so I probably need to download it and read the whole thing. I appreciate all the feedback everyone is very helpful.

·
Registered
301 Posts
No, I hardly use it at all. I just turned it on yesterday and the radio was messing up so I turned it back off. I had my scoot in for the clutch recall in late oct or Nov and they said they did the update on the Boom system. I dont know if that was the Maps or what. I have to go back to the dealership in a day ir two but I feel more comfortable having some info beforehand in case they want me to bend over. I bought the bike used with 3k on it last year and I didn't get the manual so I probably need to download it and read the whole thing. I appreciate all the feedback everyone is very helpful.

The dreaded update. Have them flash you back to previous version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts