Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First night out, Jamestown, OH. Little private campground. Just what I needed. Cherokee, here I come, Lord willing, and I do believe He's willing. See y'all there.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fayetteville,WV, nice campground. Heading for Front Royal,VA today, then south to Cherokee.

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
Quick question, Jack.

WTF is that thing on the dash?

I am assuming its some kind of bag, but holy bejesus it looks like something you would see on a Beemer. LOL

Mike

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nicely done - Jealous you can camp like that - If I slept on the ground, I would wake up walking like Fred G Sanford
Thanks! The trick to camping at my age is a self-inflating air mattress. :grin: If I actually slept on the ground, I'd be like F.G.S. too! See ya in Cherokee, enjoy the ride & non-work time, you deserve it!

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Quick question, Jack.

I am assuming its some kind of bag, but holy bejesus it looks like something you would see on a Beemer. LOL

Mike
Yeah but it can hold a six pac.

Folks
Don't Drink & Ride

Have Fun

Be Safe

LOL
Swomack

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quick question, Jack.

Mike
It's a Tourmaster 7L tank bag. I commented on my 2016 dream trip thread last year that I 'm the only HD rider that I've "seen" who has a tank bag. Very handy when traveling like I am right now. If you're coming to SW you can see it in person & when you see what all it holds I think you'll understand why I have it. :wink::nerd::grin:

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
It's a Tourmaster 7L tank bag. I commented on my 2016 dream trip thread last year that I 'm the only HD rider that I've "seen" who has a tank bag. Very handy when traveling like I am right now. If you're coming to SW you can see it in person & when you see what all it holds I think you'll understand why I have it. :wink::nerd::grin:
Ride safe and traveling mercies to you. I look forward to meeting you in Cherokee.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Haven't even thought about using one of my tank bags on the Harleys. LOL! Got my first tank bag in 1986 to use on my Shadow 700.

Glad you are having a great trip and hope to meet you in Cherokee.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haven't even thought about using one of my tank bags on the Harleys. LOL! Got my first tank bag in 1986 to use on my Shadow 700.

Glad you are having a great trip and hope to meet you in Cherokee.
I was under the impression that you would not be able to come this year due to the back. VERY GLAD that things have turned around for you. I'll pm my cell number to you and you can text or call when you get there because I also want to meet you, and I have no idea how many people are going to be there, so this way e can make sure it happens. Have a fun & safe trip. See ya there.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
I was under the impression that you would not be able to come this year due to the back. VERY GLAD that things have turned around for you. I'll pm my cell number to you and you can text or call when you get there because I also want to meet you, and I have no idea how many people are going to be there, so this way e can make sure it happens. Have a fun & safe trip. See ya there.
I have a goal of going. I will have my brace cinched up tight and am planning for 2 days to travel 280 miles. I may only make it to my sister's and turn around, or I may make it there. Planning to stay two nights in Cherokee. I'll send you a text Monday to let you know if I made it or turned around and went back home.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
That you knew his middle initial is equal parts disturbing and impressive
I am a HUGE Redd Foxx Fan - You wanna read a good Bio......he left St Louis when he was 13, was performing stand up hen he was 15 and adopted the foul language to appear older so he could perform in the better paying Night Clubs that a 15 year old was not allowed in

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Trivial Pursuit

I am a HUGE Redd Foxx Fan - You wanna read a good Bio......he left St Louis when he was 13, was performing stand up hen he was 15 and adopted the foul language to appear older so he could perform in the better paying Night Clubs that a 15 year old was not allowed in
I've been thinking for a couple of months that you were/are good at that game,(if it still exists). :grin:

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
I've been thinking for a couple of months that you were/are good at that game,(if it still exists). :grin:
I just read a lot......:wink:

Reading a book now called "I Heard You Paint Houses" about the guy who wacked Jimmy Hoffa and all that went into it - Its told from his perspective and talks about the Unions, AFL-CIO and Bobby Kennedy, the NY Families, Chicago, Philly, Detroit, etc etc - I always have at least one book going

I'm a nerd that was born into this world going 100 mph+ :grin:

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I envy your ride. If you have time visit Luray Caverns and take a coat as it is 59° down there year round.
Front Royal came a day later then planned,but O well, I'm out here to unwind, not set mileage records. Saw the sign, didn't have time to visit, but thanks for the heads up. Lord willing,I'll be back this way in the future & will plan accordingly. But "needed" to spend some time with my brother in Roanoke, so I kept moving after a good nights sleep. Hope that you will be blessed to get a ride like this, or whatever kind you prefer, in the near future. Take care and thanks again.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just read a lot......:wink:

Reading a book now called "I Heard You Paint Houses" about the guy who wacked Jimmy Hoffa and all that went into it - Its told from his perspective and talks about the Unions, AFL-CIO and Bobby Kennedy, the NY Families, Chicago, Philly, Detroit, etc etc - I always have at least one book going

I'm a nerd that was born into this world going 100 mph+ :grin:
Interesting,but fun, combination of "personalities". :nerd::wink::surprise: Looking forward to meeting you SE.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
So much for "enjoying" Skyline Drive; the cages won't allow it, they insisted on trying to make me run 50mph, which I refused to do. I got off about 2/3rds of the way down, "not worth it"; imho. I'm trying to decompress, not get stressed. O' well, plenty of other nice roads in VA.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts