Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the RGS staying and the CVORG out of reach......and many a research article read and vid watched......I came across this..........and just might have to see what the local shop will give me for the CB1100 and ride this home - They are kicking ass in Flat Track right now and secretly......I have always wanted one - Riding up to see them on the CB at lunch time today - If this happens, @BH#103, we need to take the "little bikes" out for a beating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MnUjXEo9cs

·
Registered
470 Posts
Very cool bike, would be the right size for someone vertically challenged. With my 6'2" it feels like a mini bike. They need this style on the Chief.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A good looking bike Eddie.

Do you have local Indian dealerships around your area?

Let us know what you think once you ride one.

Swomack
There is one within 40 mins and another about an hour away - We'll see if the back can take the riding position

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like a blast to ride, I can see you on one. John Shope from (sinister) Dirty Bird Concepts races them

Dirty Bird Concepts Scout Racers | Hot Bike
They had been getting a ton of great press lately and are CLEANING UP in Flat Track right now - They caught HD sleeping with the new Street Rod 750 platform and that is GREAT for the sport

I love the Bobber styles, had a HD 48 (See my Album of past loves and dirty sluts) and loved it but it needed a 6th gear and bigger tank - The Triumph Bobber is cool too but the Scout just struck me when I saw it

·
Registered
501 Posts
Has a real cool nostalgic look, interested to hear you thoughts on a test ride.

Is it just me or does it have very little ground clearance?

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has a real cool nostalgic look, interested to hear you thoughts on a test ride.

Is it just me or does it have very little ground clearance?
It is low (Slammed) but with the pegs moved up, it is actually better than previous Scout Models

Already found V&H Cans for $500 on Revzilla as I am sure it sounds like a sewing machine all corked up

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Mmm. Didn't know they upgraded the front suspension to cartridge forks. Still think it needs another rotor up front due to the speeds it can get to quickly. Please post a full ride report if they let you fully see what it's capabilities are.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still think it needs another rotor up front due to the speeds it can get to quickly..
True Bobbers did not even have front brakes - HD & Triumph are both Single Disc as well and this thing has the most HP out of the bunch - The Trumpet has more FPT by <5 but the Scout has some 20+ more HP.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hated to see the Honda go, especially when all the guys in the Service Dept were ogling over it.......but it was time as once I rode this Bobber, it was game over - Slung Low.....Solid as Hell and a real "planted" feel - Power is still coming as it only had 2 miles on it when I rode out - Here are my observations:

- Great Fit and Finish
- Great Grunt
- SMOOTH Gear Box
- Nice Sound for Stock
- Not for Tall Guys....I am 5'11 and I can't see anyone 6 foot or taller enjoying this
- Pretty damn Comfy despite what looks to be otherwise

Rolled it on the Hwy home to heat cycle through the revs.......not sure where Redline is or rev Limiter for that matter but hit 120mph and she was still pulling - All and all, they gave me exactly what I wanted for the Honda (cost me $500 to own that thing) and came to a fair price for the Bobber - Indian does not "Discount" they way HD and others do.......that and they can't keep these things one the floor - Sold (5) of them last weekend alone...which in HD terms is not a lot but tell me what HD shop sold (5) 48s or (5) Roadsters (still love that bike) in a weekend - This thing is all I loved about my old 48 but with a 6th Gear and Bigger Tank - They had a few Scouts in for Service and I got to hear (3) different exhausts and know which way I am going when they come in stock in Oct - Dealer said they can't keep parts in stock and Indian is surpassing all the goals Polaris set

Shop was excellent, honest, straight shooting and just "cool" to work with - They were prepping the bike, gave me a coupon for the Sandwich shoppe across the street and said, "Go have Lunch on us, come back and your bike will be ready"....sure enough, Done! - 500 Mile Check and then again at 10K

For a 2nd bike Bar Hopper Sunday runner......I could not be happier - The Honda was great....but it was a Honda inline 4.......this 1130 V Twin is fun and I just love these looks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Congrats man, looks cool as hell.

I am slightly dissapointed. I saw something hanging off the bars and really hoped they were tassles.

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
Nice looking stump puller there LE. Sorry to see you let the Lesbian bike go. :)

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice looking stump puller there LE. Sorry to see you let the Lesbian bike go. :)
That Honda was basic, simple and just "easy" with nit much to it and that was the draw - Nostalgic to the old CBs of the 70s - I saw this Bobber, read up on it, rode it........had to have it - That and for what I bought the CB and what I sold the CB for, I was very happy with the time I owned it - This Bobber is a whole different kind of Fun

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
That has got to be a new thread start to purchase time RECORD

1ST POST; I'm thinking about one of "these" 06:27

POST 13; I bought it post at 13:57?

That has to be some type of record. Congrats on the new bike Eddie; I know you'll ride the )*!$$ out of it eh!

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
That Honda was basic, simple and just "easy" with nit much to it and that was the draw - Nostalgic to the old CBs of the 70s - I saw this Bobber, read up on it, rode it........had to have it - That and for what I bought the CB and what I sold the CB for, I was very happy with the time I owned it - This Bobber is a whole different kind of Fun
I actually said , when the local Indian shop opened up here , that if I bought a new indian, it would be the Scout.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts