Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I have a 5,000 mile trip from Northern Colorado to North Carolina and I’m going solo.
My buddies are giving me a lot of guff about using my tour pak as a one up set up.
What does the Jedi Council have to say?
Take a look at my garage or my ID pic to see what it looks like day to day.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So... I have a 5,000 mile trip from Northern Colorado to North Carolina and I’m going solo.
My buddies are giving me a lot of guff about using my tour pak as a one up set up.
1. H-D Detachables Tour-Pak Luggage Conversion Kit-53246-09C 53246-09C

2. Harley-Davidson Detachable Solo Tour-Pak Mounting Rack-53260-09B 53260-09B

3. Tour-Pak Quick Disconnect Harness for Ultra Models-69200181 69200181

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks like a comfortable ride. Who cares what other people think, it's your back that will thank you after 5000 miles. Have a safe trip.

·
Registered
820 Posts
if you have no rear passenger seat, where do you put your ice chest?

Reactions: Mischief and RGKen

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Looks great & functional.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I’ve bought many different seats and at the end my mustang solo with a chopped pack small pad solo style is the most comfortable I’ve ever been. I forgot to ask if anyone like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Do these “guff” givers ride Roadglides?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I couldn’t agree more with the F***em comment. If they aren’t paying the bill or buying gas, they can worry about their own ride. Otherwise they can keep their mouth shut and keep their opinions to themselves.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I've run this setup and I like the TP as the backrest. The TP being that far forward is felt a lot less in the turns and you almost don't feel the extra weight at all. The thing I didn't like is that I lost the extra space to put an extra large bag, or as Snarley says a place to put your cooler. I ended up going back to the 2up setup just for the extra space to put something. If you don't need the extra space then this is a great way to go. Bike handles better with the extra weight up over the rear wheel like that.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I couldn’t agree more with the F***em comment. If they aren’t paying the bill or buying gas, they can worry about their own ride. Otherwise they can keep their mouth shut and keep their opinions to themselves.
the orig. post asked for opinions on his seat setup, the members here gave him what he asked for, opinions on his seat setup. the clubs i've run with the prospects watch and learn,

·
Registered
927 Posts
I like the look. If I was to do a long trip, I would run a similar set up just a different pad on the tour pack.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought a cheap knock off tour pack and the removable kit for my 2017. Initially I was going to remove the passenger pads but I am now glad I didn't because they form a nice like area to lock in a small cooler or travel bag. I use one of those rubberized roll top bags I bought on Amazon and I have a motorcycle backpack which is waterproof, without the cooler they both fit nice and snug and the wrap around cushion on the pack helps keep in a neat, nice tight package. Bottom line keep what you got and use it as an advantage on your trip...IMHO.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I think the RG looks "aggressive" with a one up TP. I built a rack attached to a one up quick detech mount. I can easily pack a 70 & 45 liter dry bag on it. The only person that you should be concerned with is the owner of your bike. Having a two up just means you have to take shit from a woman.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts