Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, not sure how long this will last, but I placed an order last night through
They processed the order and sent me a transferring from wear house email. The discount was only 10% on this item, but I looked at another item and it was 15% so I’m not real sure how they are doing it. There was no sales tax and they offer FREE shipping over $169.
Just a FYI if you need something and want to save a couple bucks.

·
Super Moderator
10,288 Posts
Best to place an order quickly in case this changes.
I have, on occasion, placed orders with New Castle HD in PA with great results.
Recently when I was on their website this is what I found.
It appears what I have been told that Harley is not allowing Dealerships to sell OEM Products outside of their Dealership Area has come to pass.
Oh well, hopefully, this will go by the wayside sooner than later.
Best of Luck to All.
Mike U.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yep...that was a fantastic place to buy. I had a pending order with them when "things went dark" and I could not longer access their portal. However, I did receive all my products. I will miss doing business with them. Good folks, quick shipping, great prices.

Best to place an order quickly in case this changes.
I have, on occasion, placed orders with New Castle HD in PA with great results.
Recently when I was on their website this is what I found.
It appears what I have been told that Harley is not allowing Dealerships to sell OEM Products outside of their Dealership Area has come to pass.
Oh well, hopefully, this will go by the wayside sooner than later.
Best of Luck to All.
Mike U.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
@Mike U exactly. The only two that I could find that still seem to be doing it is Surdykes and Utah HD. Utah doesn’t have any type of free shipping and they charge sales tax. So Surdykes is the best bet right now.

·
Premium Member
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
1,296 Posts
Calling direct may be the alternative. HTHD treated me right on my last order.

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
I ordered a service manual from Surdyke after the first of the year and ship date is 1/14/22. Time will tell.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a part that’s still on back order with Horny Toad. So I’ve talked to them a few times recently. They are done, no discount and no shipping out of their AO.

·
Premium Member
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
1,296 Posts
Reactions: craigffb and Mike U

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Most dealerships I visit in person give 10% discounts for HOG member, and sometimes up to 15% for military. I don't think I have installed all the accessories I purchased with my '18 yet. LOL!

Glad I bought everything I thought I would want before inflation kicked in. Maybe with inflation my chrome parts and accessories that I no longer need will go up in value when I become strapped for cash.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok, not sure how long this will last, but I placed an order last night through
They processed the order and sent me a transferring from wear house email. The discount was only 10% on this item, but I looked at another item and it was 15% so I’m not real sure how they are doing it. There was no sales tax and they offer FREE shipping over $169.
Just a FYI if you need something and want to save a couple bucks.
Dude---This was absolute PERFECT timing. Was going to my dealer earlier today to get a stage 2 torque, tuner, cable, and air filter wedge kit---got delayed and figured I would go tomorrow. Got home, saw this, and just saved over $100.

You are "THE MAN".

THANKS

Strick

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,444 Posts
Well, at least one dealership has to test Harley's resolve in enforcing the rules. It would be interesting to learn whether the contracts that existed between the dealer and HD had a clause in them that prohibited these actions, or whether these are new rules. My guess is that they're being made to sign amendments to the existing contracts or perhaps an all new one. It appears that Zeitz (probably under pressure from a couple of their 'corporate dealers') is likely to strictly enforce the rules. They have enough legal staff, plus outside firms, to secure a win over any 1-2 dealers that try to bring suit. They'll outspend the dealers ... right out of business, or at least close enough to cause them to drop the case. Such is the state of corporations in the US today. Just one guy's speculations. I sense we're all going to see a significantly different HD "Experience" over the next 5 years. Buckle up, it's likely gonna be a bumpy ride!

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think they are absolutely blowing this. People tend to spend more money when there is saving involved, real or perceived. I don't mind going to the local guy for cleaning or maintenance stuff, but just about anything I want they would have to order it anyway. Bottom line, my job is to try and keep as much of my money as possible, while a business try's to take it away. I have NO loyalties when it come to my bank account. Its them against me and I don't like loosing that battle.

·
Registered
7,105 Posts
What no one orders from Horny Toad HD anymore . They still give forum members a forum discount .
I only order from Horny Toad HD for all my HD parts online .

Mark

Reactions: NCPiper

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What no one orders from Horny Toad HD anymore . They still give forum members a forum discount .
I only order from Horny Toad HD for all my HD parts online .

Mark
Mark,
You should have read the whole thread.
I have a part that’s still on back order with Horny Toad. So I’ve talked to them a few times recently. They are done, no discount and no shipping out of their AO.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
So if on the way to Sahrk Week and my bike "blows up" half way there do I have to go back to Florida to buy a new bike from my local dealer? LOL

Reactions: NCPiper

·
Registered
505 Posts
Local means where you physically are at the time. In other words, no online ordering if your zip / address ain't in the same general vicinity. So if you are headed to Shark Week and end up in BoFunckville and want a new bike, you can get one because you are there. No different than buying parts from a Harley Dealer at a show.
Or you can order it from your Florida dealer and pick it up back home.

So if on the way to Sahrk Week and my bike "blows up" half way there do I have to go back to Florida to buy a new bike from my local dealer? LOL

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,444 Posts
I think they are absolutely blowing this. People tend to spend more money when there is saving involved, real or perceived. I don't mind going to the local guy for cleaning or maintenance stuff, but just about anything I want they would have to order it anyway. Bottom line, my job is to try and keep as much of my money as possible, while a business try's to take it away. I have NO loyalties when it come to my bank account. Its them against me and I don't like loosing that battle.
Amen, brother. That gets even more important after you retire. I won't even get into 'Brandon's' current 7% inflation rate!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts