Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
www.swvi-canada.org

ROAD TRIP!!!!! Stay tuned for updates.

The website is our official "toss of the toque" into the ring for Shark Week VI to be hosted in Canmore, Alberta Canada. Canmore is approximately 1 hour west of Calgary and sits at the east gate to Banff National Park. This Shark Week is all about the scenery, our roads are good and there will be a few twisties and switchbacks travelling in the mountains but the scenery,.....the majestic beauty of the Rocky Mountains in Canada, I guarantee will take your breath away.

Please check out the website, there are several links to local tourism websites for the areas that we will feature at Shark Week Vi. Most of the tourism sites now feature winter sports activities, those same sites will update come spring for all the spring summer and fall activities that can accessed in those months.

There is also a F.A.Q. section that hopefully will answer your immediate questions about travel to Canada. There are links to Government of Canada websites regarding admissibility in to Canada, handgun possession for American tourists travelling in Canada and a link to get you started to apply for your U.S. Passport if you don't already have one.

Watch this posting for updates to the website. We will be posting maps of the daily guided rides and also maps for self-guided rides.

Water spins clockwise in the toilets for those that just need to know.

Dec 29 2014. Website updated today with a new "More Information Page"

We have beer, There are at least 2 independent micro breweries in Canmore at this time, probably more by 2016.

Dec 30, 2014. http://www.thegrizzlypaw.com/ Follow this link to the Grizzlly Paw Brewing Company, HQ in Canmore Alberta.

Dec 31, 2014. Added new links on home page to local attractions.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
2316 miles from my home to there and another year to go but I'll be there if it happens....oh ya! Those mountains have been calling me back for far too long.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Over 2500 miles, but that would be an excellent trip.
The wife just doesn't have that much vacation time. We can dream however.

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Over 2500 miles, but that would be an excellent trip.
The wife just doesn't have that much vacation time. We can dream however.
Fly n ride. She gets the easy part, you have to ride all the way here and back.

Calgary has an excellent International Airport. No direct flight that I am aware of but you can connect through Toronto, Chicago, Minneapolis, Denver, Salt Lake and Houston.

Regards,

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
440 Posts
Fly n ride. She gets the easy part, you have to ride all the way here and back.

Calgary has an excellent International Airport. No direct flight that I am aware of but you can connect through Toronto, Chicago, Minneapolis, Denver, Salt Lake and Houston.

Regards,

Calgaryglide
You know, I didn't think of that.
Will have to run this past the wife and see what she thinks.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts

For those worried about getting into Canada I found when Triple J and me entered for the first time for either of us a little humor seemed to make it go much smoother. Triple J entered first then when I got to the gate the border guard said....

BG: Why are you traveling into Canada today?
Me: On vacation
BG: Where are you heading?
Me: Straight through to Niagara Falls
BG: What state is your motorcycle licensed in?
Me: Kentucky
BG: Your friends motorcycle is licensed in Texas and yours in Kentucky, how do you know your friend?
Me: (Me thinking it's none of your business said) We met on Match.com
BG: :eek: Uh Match.com she said
ME: Yes I said with a sheepish grin
BG: Uhmmmm do you have anything to declare?
Me: Not yet I don't but soon I hope, again with a big grin....

with that the border guard kinded giggled, handed me my passport and she said enjoy your stay in Canada L:DL

·
Super Moderator
2,870 Posts
Outstanding! I've wanted to get to this area for riding for a long, long time. Great job on the website Troy! Looks like a slam dunk to me!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts