Road Glide banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 road glide ultra, with 3.5 Rinehart slipons and about to buy the se ventilator air cleaner kit and gut my stock head pipe. Pretty sure I will need some kind of tuner/programmer. I am not planning on doing any other type of engine upgrades, what would be my best bet on tuner/programmer, trying no to have to spend the money for a dyno tune if I do not have to. I know this is a question like which type of oil to use, Just curious if someone is running this set up already and what you think about it. TIA, don't be to hard on me, please.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I can understand that, looking to stay under $500 with the programmer/tuner. Not planning any other work, like cams or larger displacement, just wanting it to breath better and the heat reduction.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Yea I can understand that, looking to stay under $500 with the programmer/tuner. Not planning any other work, like cams or larger displacement, just wanting it to breath better and the heat reduction.
OK, so a Power Commander or Power Vision would work, but likely more expensive than you need to spend if stage 1 is all you plan to do.

Fuel Moto has a Micro Tuner which is $200, and stays on your bike like the Power Commander, but its less money and accepts Power Commander maps which Fuel Moto can give you (lifetime).

Other options for less money are Night Riders FLVieds (http://sales.nightrider.com/fl-vied-10.html) which go in-line with your 02 sensors and just richen the mixture a bit. Many folks are quite happy with the results, and its only $119

V&H sells their new Fuel Pak 3, also stays on the bike, and is about $400 http://fp3.vanceandhines.com/#fuelpakfp3.

Personally I'd recommend the Micro Tuner. If you decide at some point to change pipes or other parts, Fuel Moto can accomodate you, and its only $200

These arent the only options, but for $200 or less, you've got some choices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.