Road Glide banner

Opinions on Markel Insurance

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Taz_FL 
#1 ·
Wondering if any of you fellow Road Glide riders use or have used Markel Insurance for your bikes? If you have did you have good experiences or bad? I've been with progressive for the last 17 years and when I bought this latest bike my payments jumped up quite a bit. I recently got a quote from Markel and my yearly premium would be almost $300 cheaper.

#2 ·
Markel woes!

I've had Markel American full coverage on my Harleys' for over 12+ years now and I think I'm going to have to fire them.
I just received my invoice from them for the 2020 season and, get this, the rate has increased 270%!

Yes, just jumped from $184/year to $497/year.

There has been no claims, no coverage changes, no tickets in all the time I have been a client.

I live in Montana but I carry a little more than state minimum coverages. As an 'upper states' owner/rider, I pay for 6 months of this coverage without even operating the vehicle, so their risk is actually cut in half, too!

Last year they wanted to increase my premium by 30%, from $178 to $230, but after talking with their agent he lowered my rate to $184, so I paid that premium.

I will NOT pay this $497 premium. I will have a 'discussion' with them before my premium is due, but I anticipate filing a claim with the state insurance commissioner abut this horrendous increase.

The bike has been paid off for well over a year, and although I had requested by phone and by mail that the lien-holder be removed from the policy, it is still listed on the policy documents.

Very unprofessional and greedy company.

AVOID THIS INSURANCE CARRIER AT ALL COSTS!

#4 ·
fragmentum, damn I just read your post about them raising your rate. I hadn't made the change yet, i'm still paying progressive. As far as my coverage I would have to pull it up and check, I don't recall what i have everything set at. If I remember I'll look it up tomorrow, I'm at work right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.