Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the angle hook design but not sure what a quality brand is? Also have a few other questions for your guys opinions. Does a 1.5 bar fit with stock setup? And anyone have issues running heated handgrip wiring through it?

Also will be doing it myself since Harley wants to charge a outrageous amount as always.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The 1 1/2" bar is usually 1 1/4" where it clamps to the bike. You just need to confirm it. A lot of 1 1/4" bars taper at the clamp area to 1" so an after market clamp is required for these as well. Depending on the year of your bike you have to remove pins from an electrical connector, but there are plenty of videos on how to do this. On the 2018 I have it was not necessary to de-pin anything. I have done a bar swap for myself several times. The last time it took about an hour and a half.

Good bars? There are a lot of opinions and depends on personal preference. I have personally had and like the quality of, Vindikta, Factory47, Harley Tall boys and KST.

I have never run heated grips, but I am sure they will go through. The sharp angles can be difficult.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
What did you find best for routing the wires through your bars? I have a 2018 as well.
The fatter the bar the easier to feed the wires. I have the Factory 47s 12". They're 1.5" and 1.25" at the clamp. Made for our bikes. Holes for the pins everything is in its place. Use a bead chain first. It falls right through the bars. Then I pulled some surveyors string back through. Then taped the wires on and fed them through. That was on a set of Road6 13" bats I did. Easy as can be. My dealer put my F47s on. I shamed them I to doing it for 2 hours labor since the bike was in there all winter and they were doing my frontend anyway.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I used stainless steel cable from home Depot, put a little metal loop on one end real easy to slide the wires thru with some WD40, was better than a small bead chain from an old set if blinds, learn something new everyday.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I just used butchers string. Worked fine.

Check out JSR Customs along your search. I had a set custom made for half the the price of what some charge for their regular production bars.

Do the bars yourself, easy enough, just gotta be patient. Also recommend changing the riser bushings as well to poly ones since you're going to have it apart any way. Also easy to do. I got Arlen Ness ones for like $10 or so. Makes the bars more solid.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Patience is key +1 on that I did mine a couple of weeks ago. The quality of the bars was excellent, Wild 1 Reaper bars 14 inch but there is a considerable amount of work on pre- Rushmore roadglides, I'm the end well worth it, very comfortable, and looks killer.

Attachments

·
Registered
993 Posts
I used 550 paracord. Used a bit of dawn dish soap and the wires slid right thru.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I just used butchers string. Worked fine.

Check out JSR Customs along your search. I had a set custom made for half the the price of what some charge for their regular production bars.

Do the bars yourself, easy enough, just gotta be patient. Also recommend changing the riser bushings as well to poly ones since you're going to have it apart any way. Also easy to do. I got Arlen Ness ones for like $10 or so. Makes the bars more solid.
It's a shame they don't make them in 1.5" and w/o that meat hook look :frown:

·
Registered
317 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
In 1.5” F47 rules the roost. I don’t know if another brand that allows stock clamp at base and clamps with pins at controls. Everyone else fails at one end or the other. I also like that they groove for the head clamp pin allowing you to locate securely side to side but still rotate forward quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts