Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When i purchased my Roadie in 2010, i swapped forks for black, and still have my stock ones. I am considering color matching my forks red, and wondering what your opinions are. Im about to install my monotubes( after sitting in a box for over 2 years, and have new retro gators to add.
Everybody has blacked out front ends, so thought this would be just a little different. What do you think? This is what it looks like now. And adding these upper fork covers.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Your bike looks great. IMHO I think matching the red is going to be tough, and if it is a shade lighter or darker I don't think it's going to look good. On a side note, you are going to wish you put the mono tubes in there a long time ago!

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Leave it alone. There is such a thing as too much color and I think it would jump the shark at that point. JMO.

·
Super Moderator
2,872 Posts
Don't do it Billy! Everybody may have blacked out front ends, but few of them have been able to pull it off as effectively as you have with your mods. IMO those black forks strike the perfect balance and give your bike the contrast that makes it work so well. Hey, you asked for opinions. ;)

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
I agree with faststan and Stray Mutt, I think if you powder coat the forks red wether they match or not. ...it would be just a little too much.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Sounds like you are getting desperate to do something red. How about your wife/significant other, or both fingernails and toe nails.:D

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
what about the edges of the uppers? Ive seen that done a few times and it looks pretty cool.
Also... your lower glove boxes / speakers (cant tell what they are) would make a HUGE difference!
D.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like you are getting desperate to do something red. How about your wife/significant other, or both fingernails and toe nails.:D

her fav color is red. i bought a pound of red powder. not desperate, just cheap and want to do it all now while im doin it. i need to re-do my rear tail lights, because the first guy i had do my powder did a poor job prepping and my black on the tail light is flaking. i will most likely do it black again, but since i have a chance to do red powder, just thought i would look into what else i can do.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I powder coat on the side and I'd suggest NOT doing the forks.......I think it all needs balance......and you have a good balance going on. If you want something different, possibly try red cow bells & leave the fork lowers black>>>?

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what about the edges of the uppers? Ive seen that done a few times and it looks pretty cool.
Also... your lower glove boxes / speakers (cant tell what they are) would make a HUGE difference!
D.
Thanks again. I may do the extension on my bags, but not sure how crazy my powder coater would be about doing selective coating, and i would want the contrast cuts in the bags done in black.
I think i may just do the brake caliper screens and the saddlebag rails in red.
Gotta think a little more on the bag extensions. This may be better done painted. Appreciate all your comments and suggestions.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I think the cowbells you have pictured would help break up the color transitions. I wouldn't do them red though. Install as is and it would make a big difference on the front end. The bag extensions would look good in body color. JMO.

·
Registered
492 Posts
What about the lines on the bag extensions? They are contrast now, so maybe red would look good there?
Btw I love the air cleaner and seat. I was a club DJ in college, and dated a crunchy chick from UNH that loved to listen to the Dead when she was getting dressed in the morning. Made me pay attention and always appreciated them since, lmfao!

DJ Terry Moran

·
Registered
283 Posts
Keep it black. Your bike looks Awesome the way it is!:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts